Archaic to the point of obsolescence
yet the crown on our heads we can't shake off
this rot will spread if not curtailed
but in this country, if you're older you're respected by default
whatever your viewpoint may be
archaic
to the point of
obsolescence
your ears aren't weak because of age
they're weak because they were never exercised
I'm angry with you, grandfather
because if you're supposed to be the well-educated one
what hope can I keep from the rest?
I think the cleanup is required
starting from my own home.
yet the crown on our heads we can't shake off
this rot will spread if not curtailed
but in this country, if you're older you're respected by default
whatever your viewpoint may be
archaic
to the point of
obsolescence
your ears aren't weak because of age
they're weak because they were never exercised
I'm angry with you, grandfather
because if you're supposed to be the well-educated one
what hope can I keep from the rest?
I think the cleanup is required
starting from my own home.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Now your turn!