Monday, July 8, 2013

Put on a happy face,
Permanent clown
You don't exist until you do
Who cares about you
Till you look like you're on acid,
And the rest of the crowd sways with you?

Put on a trippy mask,
Permanent clown
You don't exist until you do
Who loves you 
Till it's a show of hilarity and mishaps
And your true face is an unwanted new.

Don't you show any real emotions,
Permanent clown!
You're not allowed to have any.
Just get on that stage
Act out your little script
In a sequence decided by many.

I see through you, 
Permanent clown
You're tired just like the rest of us.
Hopping from one circus to the other
In the hope that you'll belong somewhere
Or go along with the pretend fluoresce.

We'll go to a better place,
Permanent clown.
We'll clickity clackety our heels and dance.
The bar will be open
Pretty people will be woven
And maybe one of them will give you a glance.

4 comments:

Shreya said...

This one was...plain...beautiful.

Loved it!

Too much too little said...

Love!

Basically on social media, we're all permanent clowns.

Anonymous said...

Like the clown in the wonderwall video?

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

In search of an adequate response, here is what I recall from a song
This is my toothpaste moment, oh, I'll need to flash a smile
I'll be the super-absorbent-man, watch them flock to me in single file
And I'll need to do it with style, I need to keep me up to date
Swallowing the sun run another mile, it's overrated how we underrate

I dance in tune with what I fear
To do adrenaline
Completely rapt with what I hear

When passion colors everything
The songs I sing, from way out there to deep within
The face I wear behind my grin
The price I pay for my original sin
Everything, everything, everything

(Passion Colors Everything)

BUT

I tried a shanty with the fool to find my pace
Anything from puns to jests to intertwine our ways

But there was no loyalty to hope
And funny the need for mercy
How it makes us bleed all mercy, now

Do we even know who we are
Living like all life is forfeit
Like we can just go redefine it
Regardless what we broke

(Smoke and Mirrors)

~Poets of the Fall

It's hard to maintain so many facades, but I guess we all learn to dance with broken steps.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.