Wednesday, May 16, 2018


He’s gone
And I can’t remember the last thing I said to him
How long did I not have any words for him?
Besides the vitriol I spewed here in 2012.

I keep telling everybody “He fulfilled his purpose.”
Maybe I’d actually know the purpose he strived for
Had we exchanged real thoughts
If only I tried, not to roll my eyes.  

I wish I could find out-
If he mentally prioritised in his final moments
The agony of pain or
the vacuum of a mute granddaughter. 

You know 
My feelings are just hyperbole at this point 
Weren’t they always?
So am I tearing up because I miss him?
Or is it the guilt
That most days I just don’t have it in me
To be a good person. 

And then one day
I will too just be ashes,
Reduced by the conflagration we call Life,
Flowing down a filthy and incurable “holy” river 
(Perfect for washing away my sins!)
And someone with a fraction of my DNA
Will share their empty words to convey
They can’t remember the last thing they said to me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My condolences. Take care...

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.