Thursday, June 28, 2018


Alternating between different screens 
with the same humdrum of happy faces
These bedroom walls are caving in on me
I’ve been missing so long, 
I’m forgotten in everyone’s good graces.

I can’t remember the sun, the trees, 
the chatter of regular people
What is ‘regular people’?, I wonder
Remind me please, 
a name or a username that wasn’t yours.

Yes! I did notice the rain!
It made me smile for a second there,
that hint of petrich…you’re still unaware
you washed all over me 
yet again 

yet again, maybe it’s time to reconsider
I’m covered in fifty shades of self-shame
Dear God, I no longer wish to romance
these gallons of incremental physical ache.
Take it away, take it away.

As I narrate, she quizzes me, 
between all the concern and the exclaim
Do you think about him a little
Or Refresh in regular, fragmented breaks?
And I say…
Pray tell me,
how many seconds are there in a day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.