Friday, February 18, 2022

He hides his eyes 
From eyes that pry 
So afraid of losing the life 
he is so afraid of, 
but he denies 

“It’s not bad, it’s not all bad” 
We do not rock the boat we have 
We steer on at constant speed 
If we hit a rock, 
I’ll cover up the bleed 

Stifled by the authority 
Of his nod on an old decree 
He keeps a timid eye out 
for the plenty fish in the sea 
Sits all day with his nets stoic, 
his heart bone-dry 
to catch the next high it begets 
In a series of constant goodbyes 

As I watch him, I realise 
We’re in the same boat 
I’m just in a cleaner disguise 
There’s not a kind word about him anywhere 
But in my arms…he’s sublime 
For I don’t know if I save his life 
Or he ends up saving mine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.