Monday, June 29, 2009

I have an idea, why don’t we try something new, honey
Than just sit around the house having plentiful sex and not spending any money
I say pick up your wallet and your bike keys
And let’s head to the mall to watch a rambunctious movie!
Chatter and giggle between the feature, be as nauseating as we can be
People around us scream Get a room! Or Go carve your names on trees!
It’s quite clear they don’t want us here
When we see them move 5 rows away from where we’re
Hey! Maybe the discs on Saturday nights have couple entry free
Including drinks all of three, but not quite enough for me
And I’ve got to wash it down with expensive coffee
You can take your pick from Costa, Barista or CCD
On the way back I sit so close to you it ticks off the traffic police
Dished out a few bucks for a bribe that they called a fee

So, we tried the movie, the disc and the coffee
We left with a thousand, but got a raw deal and a tummy that’s still hungry
I swear by the missing Adam’s apple that stereotypical couple will never comprise me
This is it, I’m sticking to the great indoors, my comfortable couch, my popcorn, my man and my cable TV

7 comments:

AKP said...

Bold and humorous. :)

As the Mind Meanders said...

And then it rains and cable TV goes kaput...

As the Mind Meanders said...

And then it rains and cable TV goes kaput...
The popcorns over and my man asleep on my couch...
All that remains is my great indoors and a grouch...

Atrisa said...

Way to ruin the moment :| Brings back some good memories :)

Anonymous said...

Very different and funny! Great read :)

ani_aset said...

i loved the straight style :)

Atrisa said...

I better had dedicated something to Dear TV since I wanna make a career in it :)

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.