Here’s your little flowerpot
Hold it with both your hands lest it should fall and crack
Keep watering it from time to time
And when you’re naughty put it under a shady tree
Look how those flowers are so obliviously happy
It thinks one day you will take them
And plant it firmly in the soil outside its confines
But it doesn’t know you’re careless when you tug at the stem
And that the soil promised is sand
I know that’s a laugh that you try to cover with your right hand
You tricky little gardener, what did you do to the other pots?
Painted them, made them decoration pieces, placed at strategic spots?
Just keep ‘em hanging invisibly around the room, stop in your tracks sometimes to reminisce
Ah! That was dear old marigold; that used to be the reddest rose
And that delicate lily’s death came a little too soon by errr...pressure of a defective hose
What’s it to me, all this doom?
I’m just a daffodil bud in your garden, too scared to bloom
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
brilliant!!!!! I hate giving one liner comments, but I have no other words to describe!
They say the world is HISstage, and we all merely play our parts.
Is your gardener HIM? And, do I sense, again, a certain helplessness…er…submissiveness. :D
@ AKP - Thanks man overwhelmed :D
@ Satish - It really could be anybody, even your parents. Hehe. To tell you the truth, I think it makes better poetry with helplessless and tragedy than with positive emotions :D Happy thoughts kind of defeat my purpose of a poem!
I really wonder now, you know, how could anybody have the authority of a gardener on someone, and how could be someone so completely helpless.
You see, when someone tends to mete out a rather careless nature towards us, that natural egoistical ba***rd who resides in all of us actually recoils and resents it. I don’t know, and often, that is what happens between a good guy and God too. Remember Tyler Durden and God in Fight Club? It takes a mighty admirable person, someone we’re so completely and overwhelmingly in awe of, so that we feel helpless before them.
I don’t want to pester you :D but please do tell me, could it really be anyone?
You see, by anyone I meant anyone you can relate it to. By what you understood, nope it can't be just anybody. And now I will tell you you are right and yadi yada :) I prefer not to do a Freud on myself!
Beautiful beyond words.
The funny thing about gardners is that apart from books, and in the minds of poets - no one cares for them.
Post a Comment
Now your turn!