Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lots and lots of shit has been happening lately. Like LOTS. It's like my body and my soul is attracting all sorts of negativity. Imagine you are a magnet inside an all-pin case, and they come rushing towards you as you enter. Literally the center of their universe.

So obviously I've been on the edge most of the time; cribbing about food while removing those chunky tomatoes, moping around at home, those unfortunate parents are tolerating the rebirth of the teenager they thought they left behind eons ago, brother getting lectures on how he should study otherwise he will repent like I did (you had to be there, I was 'so' convincing he actually studied day and night for about 3 days. Right about now, he'll be playing FIFA on my laptop. Oh well) Stopped communication with a person I had taken to quite fondly recently, shut my twitter account that had been up for a year...not that it was done out of some random urge to PMS.

You always hear "If you think bad things will happen to you, they probably will" So as they say in The Secret, or when I first heard it through a friend during my engineering days "If you think really hard that that truck standing around the corner will come towards you, it will" And I stood there, concentrating really hard at the driver, trying to send some brain signals to him "come to me, come to me", they said. Then I probably had a lecture or something, and so I left. But that's not important. The important thing is that I was 20. Yes.

When I started this week I was determined to beat all the workload with my awesomeness so Bombay could happen by Thursday, and I could spend the weekend with the friends I hadn't chilled with in so long and So Long reminds me of my 2nd song, which reminds me of a 3rd (or 4th) hopeful that could happen with my two boys in Bombay. But like I mentioned, things have a way of very slickly screwing themselves up for me so as soon as Monday began, I knew I was in for a terrible week and a possible cancellation of my long awaited trip.And like every single time, people around me asked me to keep the faith, think of positive things, think of times I'll be pub-hopping and wearing my new faackawezome new stilettos. So I did.

Now that I'm looking at the clock, I think I have about a half hour that I leave for the airport.

AAAND I had time for this blogpost. So #winning! Damn I miss Twitter.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have done twittericide. That's #sad

GayDAD said...

Lame

BrownPhantom said...

Well, I read this post last night just before sleeping and then dreamt that you created another twitter account.
Thought I should congratulate you for the appearance in my dream.

Atrisa said...

@Anon - Freeing is the word.

@GayDAD - RIP.

@BP - Aha! You dreamt of me! I'm going to misconstrue it as being romantic.

!Teq-uila Del Zapata said...

where is the profanity?
disappointed! i guess i have to start writing about profanity soon.

BrownPhantom said...

It could have been romantic if not for that twitter thingy.
Have you thought of creating another secret account?
I go there for the #funnyoneliners.

Atrisa said...

@Tequila - I curse under my breath. You're right, it needs to come out on digital paper!

@BP - Have I thought of creating another secret account? Hmm. Only as soon as I deleted powerpointgirl! Yeah but just to see what others are upto. I'm done with personal participation.

GayDAD said...

I go there for the #funnyoneliners. #funnyoneliner

Atrisa said...

GayDAD has picked up the twitter lingo eh? Who are you stalking these days? Wait, lemme guess...

R said...

Oh alright, I'll focus on marrying Lisa Hannigan now and hope it happens for good, then.

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.