You know what pisses me off? Those paper bills the shops give everytime, even if you buy a 5 rupee chocolate. I DON'T NEED THE FRIGGIN BILL! Provide it to me if I ask for it, don't make it mandatory for godsake! But no, they will put it in your bag or thrust it in your direction whether you want it or not. You can't just leave it there on their counter, the store people stare at you and then call out to you..."Ma'am, your bill!" Then you have to pretend to have forgotten. "Oh yeah! *muttering gibberish under your breath*" You pick it up with the intention of throwing it away and hey! you can't find a bleddy wastebin.
There are places with tiny rolls, I don't feel so bad taking those and trashing them. I probably was not responsible for having destroyed half a tree. But go to most electronic stores or Adidas/Reebok and the likes, and the bill size there almost makes you feel like the entire store merchandize has been billed to you. Y U No make tiny bills, Jumbo electronics? I only bought a pair of earphones, not an Xbox Kinect. Must your bills look like novels?
Recycle atleast. All this wastefulness is driving me insane.
Monday, July 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Message is GO GREEN .....
Long time back .I hve already subscribed an E-Copy for all monthly bills.
But most of the stores are likely in mood to GO Waste .....
Just 2 remind U .... change ur faceboook pic.
Although its nice but ma eyes need some more of you !
SignOFF:- R S
Hello RS. My face needs to click better to have a collection of pretty pictures for my facebook profile. You flatter me, thank you :)
Apple store surprised me and made me the happiest person for those few moments when i heard the words... 'do you want your bill by email instead of a paper one'.. and i was like whaaaaaa YEAH! and i walked out smiling with one less piece of paper to worry about!
Ironies of Legal Activism:
First we fought to have a bill for every good/service purchased: Courtesy Consumer Activism. And to ensure that businessmen/shopkeepers don't enrich themselves by collecting taxes from us which they never pass on to the exchequer.
Now the same bill has become logistical and environmental problem.
I was given a bill for a 5 rupee bag I purchased at Lifestyle couple of weeks back. Last week I went there again and tried to get away without the bill for the bag.
But they caught up with me at the exit and gave me the bill :P
Post a Comment
Now your turn!