Oh I am there with you every second, yet I'm so far
and I cry, not because I can't write like you,
but the beauty of the words
wash me away
and absolve me
I say out loud every single sentence
emoting, absorbing
feeling
the little drops of heaven, written for a young lady so lucky
and I wonder if she ever read them
and returned your love
in dime a dozen or
never at all
because she couldn't understand
feelings that she never felt;
I know how it feels, to have wasted countless words.
What secret did you hide
in that vortex you call your heart?
and did you die in bed with a lovely woman
twirling her hair
touching her lips
finding the treasure,
or as a lonely man, accidentally inking your pocket
spending years imagining and longing tenderness
but thankful for the pain?
Because that's how we love
in the handcuffs of despair
a looney dog barking with hunger
a village without a source of water
we're lost like a broken compass
we're fighting, you and I,
we're fighting love,
we're fighting for our right to love
we're romancing the threat
to pull the rug from under its feet
the earth might meet the sky
and swallow us completely
and I hope you'd catch my hand
before it slips
because I never want to say
I lived and never loved
I loved and never cried
I cried but never died
I died but never read Neruda.

2 comments:
nice nice ... :)
I love the last line :P
You must hve noticed many Before & After ads .This one is for Atrisa.
Before reading :
I was feeling very low on energy + emotions, almost like low Blood pressure causing me dizzines.
After reading :
It made me feel better + energised.Now i can work for late in evening without getting tired .Thanks You Atrisa for it ;-)
I wish to make it more dramatic with couple of pics but .......
Post a Comment
Now your turn!