Sunday, November 11, 2012


If you could only see yourself
Like replaying CCTV footage
Like your best mirror
All your head laughs and
All the times you put your hand on his tender face
And twisted your hair around your finger
Kissing with eyes shut so tight
Your meaningless discretions of
Jumping on a trampoline of rebounds
Square 1 is a titillating bitch
And you were on 365! (Sigh)

If you could only see what I see
You have the remote
Press play now or destroy the tape
What does your mind say?
Are you jumping from the 2nd floor again?
Breaking all your bones again?

What does one say to a grown person
Except drill some unnecessary words
Before they make their mistakes
My ear is all I can give to you
‘cause my throat is dry
Are you so tired of being strong
all you want to feel is helpless?

I know it’s comfortable
Sleeping on a mattress of illusions
But every soft fibre is turning to needles
And weakening your spine
Volatile joy, such volatile joy
Later all you will smell is a faint odor of gasoline
While you’re dizzy with your pain
Are you falling from the 2nd floor again?
Breaking all your bones again?

You’re the lost cause I’m nursing
And I will nurse when you fall
I will keep a bottle of calcium and some bandages ready
My friend, my sister, my Cristina.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice thought,though this ain't no poetry(I say so in capacity of having studied literature).requires clarity in what its trying to communicate.its thought provoking though not very enjoyable.glum,existential fatalistic all at once.strong working women also have flawed judgment huh? None escape judgment though,right?.he should've said I like u and want to marry u;she would quickly block him would never return to him.Haha. Something lighter next time:).my first comment here.

Atrisa said...

Hey, thanks for your comment. You're right, there seems to be some sort of cohesion missing. However, being a non-writer, I'm not very good with the art. My motive is to just say what and how I feel. The one I wrote this for understands the meaning behind this so I've fulfilled my motive :)

Anonymous said...

Love, ignore Anon's comment above because of many reasons - primary being the fact that he has studied literature.

So, you like Brandi Carlile do you? Was it playing in the background when you wrote this ?

Either ways, I like it. And eh...Not my first comment here. But you know how it is. Will sound all mysterious and exotic and sign off as well...X

-
X ( pronounced Axe ).

PS - Think of the nicest person you have known. That IS NOT me.

Atrisa said...

Haha thanks, X. No, not Brandi Carlile and definitely not The Story. I know who you are. Hope you're doing well.

Anonymous said...

Me doing well. I was refering to Turpentine by Brandi Carlile.

You know the line - 'Breaking all your bones again?' somehow sounded like a line from that song. Or maybe I was listening to that when I read this.

But Loved it :)

Take care

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.