Glances turned to words
And words turned to proximity
Proximity turned to kisses
And kisses into infinite possibility
Now it wouldn’t be so wrong
If I didn’t have to fade into anonymity
Because what if she enters the door
And we're covered in shades of culpability?
She’s gonna be home soon
And we’ve to lay our filthy coup
Boy, it’s not for me to hold
A moral high ground for you
She’s gonna be home
She’s gonna be home soon
She’s gonna be home, I realize
I was never meant for you
Be quick to hide every trace of me
And I’ll clean up the mess I prepared
I’m miserable, can’t you see, my love?
But I’m not your priority to repair
Yet, the heart wants what the heart wants
what it wants is your blood to rush through me
and while I flee the murder scene, remember
to keep my love as a memento in your memories
She’s gonna be home soon
And we’ve to lay our filthy coup
Boy, it’s not for me to hold
A moral high ground for you
She’s gonna be home
She’s gonna be home soon
She’s gonna be home, I realize
I was never meant for you
She gets a lifetime
Of pulling you into her authenticity
While I get a few minutes inbetween
To pass on the electricity
You know we have chemistry
And physics and biology and
I’ve done the math and it makes perfect sense
You plus me sets us free
But she’s gonna be home soon
And we’ve to catch caution from the wind
She’s gonna be home soon
to put an end to this honeymoon
You can breathe easy now
I won't blow, this cover since last June
You can breathe easy now
I won't blow, this cover since last June
She’s gonna be home, I realize
I was never meant for you

1 comments:
But the heart wants what it wants....
Post a Comment
Now your turn!