Friday, May 19, 2017

Is life supposed to feel this empty
You make a sound and it echoes back to you
Fill up the tank lest your mind goes awry
But my limbs can’t move and my thoughts are frozen

An extra pill to ease the pain tonight
Could go the extra mile or could go the other way
A long-time love lost for reasons unknown
The keys are getting dusty and the melody is gone

Endless rounds of coffee to keep me awake
I can’t even differentiate between 3 pm and 3 am
Days turn into nights and nights turn into days
And this circle makes me dizzy in a thousand ways

A leap of faith to hit a new milestone
For the sake of simply shaking off the boredom
There is no passion left, the ache to go on
And the leap turns into a great last fall

What’s to celebrate for the tiny sphere of energy in my gut
Toast me when I’ve moved on but don’t let me know
A black and white existence turns to a technicolor lie
My paranoia is your genius, my slurs are your eccentricity

When will I recover, do I even have the will?
Or is it best to perish and go up in smoke
I don’t love life to feel that our time is short
Life is too long, my friend
Give me my moment to quit

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.