Sunday, May 21, 2017

When I hear a song in minor
I feel myself regurgitating again
And I’m trying to cling to the goodness
I chose to plaster on my person
Born with half a heart
that cuts too deep but bleeds too little
I’ve managed to fool everyone here
While fooling myself
That the box will stay forever sealed

The Troublemaker is my namesake
My body is the prison and she the inmate

Words, the way they form in my head,
Refuse to toe the line any more
They’re launching a revolt on the mouth
to have it at their mercy from now on
And it’s getting harder by the day
To forget the key is in arm’s reach
In an instant, the lock will come undone
And the ghost will be unstoppable  

The Troublemaker is my namesake
My body is the prison and she the inmate
The Devil is my doppelganger
She is taking over me like cancer

Etch me in your memory
In a split second,
you won’t recognize me
like I don't identify
with the one you see 
I am the Troublemaker
I am the Troublemaker, you'll see

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.