I don’t know why it affects me so
my head can’t think straight for the first 24
I know it isn’t love,
I also know it isn’t platonic, so
Is this just a feverish high of the clandestined?
A secret too inconvenient to reveal
With consequences too exhausting, if I rewind.
I’m not afraid of the future
I gain smile lines with every passing day
It is, verily, of the past sneaking up on me…
Isn’t it all too alluring, the reminder of juvenility?
The moments of weaknesses, a sign of recklessness
A reassurance that youth wasn’t too far behind,
that it can still stay in me, as long as I stay unwise!
Some slip ups I can afford
But not this, not now, not like this
Lest I prove myself right every once in a while
Watch this sceptical angel dining with her own little devil
Who, for dessert, serves a delicious fortune cookie of peril.
Oh, Sweet Mistakes!
You’re going to cost me dearly.
When have I been one to protect myself
From the thrill of a complication?
When have I been one to resist a juicy sin
For I’ve been far too good,
At least for the sake of percentage calculation.
All I pray for tonight is a good night’s sleep
I’m just biding my hours till the 24th sinks deep
I’ll close my eyes and blind my mind to an uncommitted crime
Perhaps
Until next time.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Now your turn!