Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It hadn’t happened of late that she acted this way
She knew her smile raised questions that formed essays
She looks as flushed as a person who’s flirting with a new love
What the year past has so conspicuously been uncharacteristic of

No! It doesn’t interest her to fall in love again with all the wrong men
An analyst with a one sided view of life or
a philosopher who fed the empty metaphors she believed then
Each deserves more than half but less than a verse
Each part of her entertainment, each gratefully kept terse

Her sudden positivity could have only come from the negative
I know she broke her mirror that off late had been too altercative
It must be good Karma that’s been acting up after what seems like centuries
Like liberation of the soul that had been held in the cruellest penitentiary

When she rediscovered him her pain seemed vain
He instead is unselfish and never intends to chain
He who drowned her in the life fit for the kings
With a song and a dance and an act that he brings

This is her dedication to you, dear
She was told before but now she knows she found her sphere
You are the answer to her unfinished prayers
You will always remain her permanent love affair
****************************************************************
On the 10th anniversary of MICA’s theatre production Sankalp we are enacting Vijay Tendulkar’s play “Silence! The Court is in Session” at the Natrani theatre in Ahmedabad from the 4th-6th December, 2009. After 3 days of rigorous auditions I was chosen to play the lead, Ms Benare. Super excited doesn’t even start to describe it :D

You can reach us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sankalp-2009/161845605937?ref=nf and get updates by becoming a fan :)

Also, we have a competition called Nautanki Nights on November 20th which is open to anyone, that's right ANYONE. The prize money is worth a jaw dropping 80 grand! So what are you waiting for? Register yourself on http://sankalp.ibibo.com/home

5 comments:

Madhur said...

goood luck arrchita :):)

Meghana Naidu said...

id venture a few guesses and question the last few words, if i didn't know better
that you'd spill all if needed.
;)

have i told you lately how much your words crack me up,
sweet sweet vileness
sugary barbs and tender stabs
you make the evil in me grin
:D

Atrisa said...

Haha anyone else and he/she would've asked, but not you ;) Oh I have as much fun writing it!

Grayquill said...

Congratulations - my daughter is a Theater major I get how excited you are...I have seen that excitement many times. Break a leg...
I liked your post and your writing
I found you from Mr. Mind Meanders blog.

Atrisa said...

@ Grayquill - Thank you so much :) I'm sure you've heard this before but isn't the stage the most ridiculously happy place on the earth?

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.