Khamba wrote an incredibly funny post on 10 Step Guide To Dealing With Break Ups (For Men) and admitted that he was incapable of writing its female counterpart given his lack of knowledge about women. So here's my attempt.
Cry as much as you can
During the initial few days, even the slightest mention of anything that takes you back trigger the tears. “It was so good, I don’t understand why! Bwahaha” After a while even the gf’s stop listening to you ‘cause they’re bored saying the same things over and over again “You are so much better than that, and I’m not just saying it. Seriously, you deserve better” So what do you? You cry some more. A few days of that and the skin under your eyes starts getting dry and you get burning sensations every time you start crying again. So you end up killing some time looking for and applying Lactocalamine lotion.
Talk about how bad the guy was in bed
Get a little wine, loosen up and start telling your friends graphic details of how the guy was in bed. Try not to slip in the stuff the guy managed to get wonderfully right ‘cause it might trigger the tears again. “It was so good, I don’t understand why! Bwahaha” You LMAO for a little while till you get back to your empty room, the depression from the wine finally starts kicking in and you bawl some more. But atleast the next time your gf’s add to their normal advice - “...And hey, he was bad in bed right!”
Listen to Eminem, System of a Down or the likes
You’ll feel the badass in you coming out, sing it out, scream it. I strongly recommend Marshall Mathers LP, helped me through many a bad time. (OK in my defense, I was 18-19 during the time)
Write about it
And I don’t just mean endless sad love poems, I mean the vicious mail you intend to write starting with “You bastard, you…you jerk. All you guys are the same. I hope you die…You call ‘that’ a fuck? I’ve had better. Yours wasn’t even that big” Hmm, that should do it.
Get friendly with the world
The point is to get more facebook friends. Preferably 100 more than his. This shows you’re more popular and that you’re clearly getting over him ‘cause you have so much to choose from.
Retail therapy
Oh you fucks, don’t you dare say “This is so cliché!” Clichés are clichés for a reason. It doesn’t matter who you are shopping for, it might as well be your maid’s Diwali gift, it works, atleast for 5-6 hours. Then you get back home and say to yourself “Oh my God I did not spend every waking minute of my day today thinking about him! I must be getting over him” No, you’re not. But then again, Rome wasn’t built in a day. And frankly, I’m not even sure if I’m using the phrase in the correct context.
Ladies night
Go to Hard Rock wearing your kinkiest clothes, spot a cute singer guy and keep staring at him, while you giggle and whisper something in your gf’s ear. After a while you find someone staring back at you, you know like the cute singer’s gf (I still maintain she was a groupie, a hot one, but a groupie. A GROUPIE I SAY.) Fuck, atleast you got noticed and felt “wanted” for a few minutes ;)
Get laid!
Why exactly do I need to explain this?
Take revenge. Get yourself to look superhot.
“I am going to the gym and I’m gonna lose 5 kgs and I will look really hot.” If this doesn’t get you the guy back, atleast 10 others will start desiring you. So kinda win-win. But generally this does require a lot of motivation considering you spend most amount of your time gorging on comfort foods like Pizza, Ice Creams, Chocolates etc.
Watch rom-coms and sitcoms
Have you seen Gilmore Girls? It’s delightful. Or 90210. Hotness. While the former gets you crying about Lorelai’s problems instead of your own, 90210 makes for perfect girl-on-girl phone conversation. (“Have you seen Navid? He is so totally fuck worthy!” “I know right!”)
The word for the day is – distraction. There are no magical ways for you to get over your intense, piercing, sharp pangs of loneliness, jealousy and pain. Deal with it.

26 comments:
Ohk...I was laughing my head off till point 5.
Come Retail Therapy and I am suddenly pining for wine and gazing with awe at my amazing collection of lipsticks...
Now where did I read that lipsticks are what women tend to buy when depressed......
PS: Buhahahaaaa...This is a good read when one is not trying to get over someone! :D
dont even get ME started!
you know i could write an entire blogpost about your etc my etc and etc etc. hell an entire blog even
:D
that's all for today, wait till my submissions get over.
somebody's on a roll! i just kept laughing thru it :D
oopss.. it was loads of fun to read, actually!! :D
@Choco - Lipsticks eh? Never knew about those. Besides I've always had a thing for gloss.
And you're right, this post has that small flaw. But then again, most of them do. When was the last time you read an article that actually helped?!?!
@Meghana - Thanks Meghana for helping me with conversations like these...
Me: But he..
Meg: NO
Me: You don't know how it was...
Meg: NO NO
Me: You don't even want to listen...
Meg: NO NO NO STOP IT I CAN'T HEAR ABOUT HIM ANYMORE! I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU KEEP KILLING YOURSELF OVER IT!
You're lovely, baby :)
@Vasu - Welcome welcome welcome! Delighted to find you here. Glad you liked it :)
@Moonlite:d - Oye thanks yaar :)
Ok so here goes:
1) That just hurts. Everyone i ever broke up with and vice versa seemed to celebrate like it was fucking Bastille Day. Or maybe i was dating men.
2) So you would admit to having continuously slept with someone despite how bad they were?
3) Yes, makes perfect sense to get inspired by a wife beaters album.
4) I notice your blog label "Poems" has 39 entries. What happened?
Agree with 5 & 6
7) You goto Hard Rock wearing your kinkiest clothes? When will Delhiites realise its NOT a club. Burgers FTW though.
8) Easier for women than for men. (Envy/Jealousy etc)
9) I'm sorry. But some women are just not pretty. You are misleading them into thinking they can look super hot when most men would just react with a "Bitch, seriously?"
10) Gilmore Girls and 90210? Excuse me while i commit suicide.
Loved your post! A true match and more to Khamba's!
Will follow your blog for more such interesting reads!
System of a down works like a charm, was my theraphy during the last break up. Also Alanis Morissette and Fiona Apple help too!
Liked your post, very consise way of putting a few months of heartbreak in one single blogpost.
Cheers!
@Khamba - Wow! Truly blessed to have you here :)
Ok then,
1) Damn, I assumed the girl always gets hurt.
2) You know how imperfections can be cute sometimes no? NO?
3) Ok I have no excuse for this one
4) Oh, don't ask! *shaking my head*
5 and 6, ok thanks :) Phew.
7) Hey we all exaggerate. Besides it was Bombay, not Delhi. Here I'd be underdressed even if I wore a burqa.
8) Umm, yeah. Thus the post.
9) Maybe I was just taking myself as the universal sample size. Bad decision :)
10) I'd still watch it over Prison Break.
@Rachna - Ooh thanks! Yes please, do follow while I rant incessantly :)
@Product Junkie - Haha Yes, Alanis Morissette! I once sang You Oughtta Know for a stage performance, worked like therapy ;)
never thought woman to get hurt so badly and desperately needs a shag when broken.
well men dont make it to clausit when its NOT BIG..
so how do u choose which1 is big? No offense.
well ur bad in bed right!! HAHAHA (BiB) i guess not all of them are bad.
finding a SEX GURU !!!
@Nandan - Well, I guess a shag helps everyone.
Big? References. Preferably the more the better.
Yeah man I'm bad in bed. Just imagine how bad the guy would be!
Well, good luck with your search :)
nicely written...
ONE Step Guide To Dealing With Break Ups (For Women
Forget the loser... find another one...
OR
Become a nun...
:D :D
here's #11. a friend of mine super glued her ex to his bike and got over him the very same afternoon. but then maybe she's just special that way. maybe he was too ;)
Hai atrisa! Your soo cool ya! Will you maak fraandz with ma?
hehe nice one! ROTFLMAO! i fell off my chair! my personal favorite! marry me and have my babies
ah... its a cool post liked it.. keep it up.. :-)
Well,
Khamba's post had a rocking last point, Suicide. Add it up in ur list too :D
Fewer girls means lesser headache :P
@Reddevil, Anon - Thanks guys :)
@Mentalie - :O
@Gleefan - Ehm, show me your DP first!
And remind me not to watch Glee with you again, we'll get right to the baby making ;) What say?
@Pawan - Haha, dude heartbreak is half death itself!
heehee... got here frm vigil :) i did the most extreme you can go - got married! n it did me a hell lotta good ;) crying n bawling gets you no where - i tell you - he was a screw up and still is :D
@Anu - LOL you're cracking me up, girl!
I tell you what, crying and bawling leads you to start a blog, quite like this one. Gahaha :D
What do loser guys with no sense of humor or money or good looks do??
@Anon - I think Khamba mentioned Suicide as an option.
A friend recently got dumped and called the guy's brother to tell her he stole from his wallet to smoke everything he could buy. That worked for her, I guess.
Heyy Girl,
I must say I LOVED your post !!
Ok, my two cents -
Make yourself feel WANTED - doesn't mean you have to get laid though - Just that open up to life .
I closed myself when I had a bad tough time,so after I really felt I needed to take control of my life - I did go for some real adventure , and girl , It helped like hell .
I took up dancing again ,took up my mouth organ and started vocal singing at home , ahh and how my flatmate complains !!
Please Please Please - do not see the common friends !!
It really hurts and you stop being yourself , expecting all the while t "Hear" about him , so if you are planning to get over him (and not to use this friend to get to know about him) - do consider twice before meeting this friend !!
people are not fools, they figure out why all of a sudden you want to see them ! And sure the realization of what a fool I had been, hurt !!
Write a blog - take a pseudoname - while bitching may not help, writing out does .
I personally keep a lot of not-so hidden chart papers , where I write about my state and frame of mind, and girl, It ROCKS !!
Drinking
while it may put you on a high note , but it is not so a good idea to put on those empty calories .
Luckily for me,I never really liked chocolates (and quit drinking),so calorie stuff did not really matter .
But I must warn you that you are mostly going to regret how bad you looked while sulking and putting on those extra calories last night when you were putting off that ladies night out !!
Shopping, getting a new hair cut etc is just temporary - Do consider getting toned up ! It sure helps and you may just build some real toned body to show off !!
You don't have to show him off how hot you look - just concentrate on yourself . I did hit the gym too, but i was very much in shape already , just that I badly needed to control my emotions .
That's when I took up gymming, started to eat more healthier.And it did make me feel hot from within !!
Get yourself hurt real hard to get over "him"
He told me endless number of times , "I am not the guy...bla bla bla .." , But I just wouldn't give up, not tracking him doesn't I mean ,but it just doesn't go off.
Like it did not happen in a day , so does it not go off !!
So I made up a situation ,where I knew I would be hurt bad enough with the indifference , and shucks , I also figured out later that while I was crying my ass out - he was tweeting all the while about places he had been to, songs he had been listening about .
And that's not done, It got into my head finally (and hopefully) - he is not just that into YOU !!
Shut yourself of all the places that he might just land up in !!
I first shut him off all the places I could "see" him! facebook, twitter, and other networking sites .
And please DO NOT bitch unnecessarily about him, by doing so, you are still "thinking' about him !!
on a last note --
HUNGRY PUPPIES ARE NEVER FED !! Go feed yourself on your own !!
I can't believe I forgot to comment on ^^ comment!
Post a Comment
Now your turn!