Wednesday, May 5, 2010

After all the misunderstandings, lying, cheating, confessions, condescension, anger, name-calling, tears, consolation, sarcasm, apologizing, screaming, shouting, and then deafening silences, it is nice to find a friend again in an ex.

Clearing out the air takes time. All you need is persistence and a little patience.

Peace, hold on, I'm almost there. The next you see me, I'll be a better version of me.

19 comments:

ani_aset said...

ahan nice atrisa..sure a part of evolving :)

agent green glass said...

damn. none of my ex's will be friends with me. sigh.

Atrisa said...

@Ani - Growin up, yes :) You keep what's good for you and filter out what's detrimental. Simple.

@AGG - Haha. Maybe they're not worth it.

ravish yadav said...

friend in ex, now thats great,,,,,

As the Mind Meanders said...

If only you knew me
As much as I loved you
We would last longer
Much longer than love lasts

Dunno.. somehow this most made me write mushy... ashamed of it already... :D

Atrisa said...

@Ravish - Yeah no? I hope I don't jinx it like I have a few times before.

@Mindey - Aww mushy is nice! Here's what I have to say

Some romances that were
only abused as friendships
Some friendships that were
only ruined by romance

As the Mind Meanders said...

The plight of the unfortunate
Who end up in love with a friend
For they lose both
When they could have had one

Love is a victim
Of desires and dreams unfulfilled
Of what could have been
And what isn't

Friendship though is muted
Understated and underplayed
Little expectation
Overwhelming returns

If only we had the gift
To control desires and that one emotion
We would be blessed
With many friends and a thin population

All said and done
I would rather be blessed
With as many lovers
As I have friends

:D :D

Atrisa said...

Kya re, all this on the spot? And you said your mind didn't meander anymore! Somehow the poet in you comes out only on other people's blogs no? :)

Well you explained it all, now listen to "Like Suicide" by Soundgarden.

As the Mind Meanders said...

No re... No sound no garden

Now the mind sleeps... :-)

And poetry needs inspiration... your post inspired... And thank you for that...

now time to go zzzzzzzz.....

Anonymous said...

Amen to the last line... Now if only more of us could find the guts(?)maturity(?)heart(?)... to do the same... :)

PS: I never thought I'd say this, but your comment section made a nice read. :D

Atrisa said...

Hehe that happens when Mindey steps in, you know all about that ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha... True but this time he seems to have outdone himself. :D

xcalibr said...

Good on ya Atrisa!
Btw, loved the meandering mind's poem..

Atrisa said...

@Chcoc - Truly! I wish he repeats history over and over :)

@Arv - Yeah! When you start arguing about Marketing and Finance again, you know everything's gonna be ok lol

Oh yeah Mindey, you must read his blog. I don't generally like reading stories, but his are engrossing.

Atrisa said...

Oh and Arv, did you identify with his poem? :P

xcalibr said...

Marketing and Finance eh? Hmm, interesting!

And yeah, pretty much! The last para was inspiring ;)

Atrisa said...

Oh yeah I think for the first time in three years I actually did not end up sleeping while listening to him talk about finance. Maybe it was 'cause he got me inebriated first :P

Last para, yeah I know! Life getting a little exciting. I think I've started to like Delhi! Will ping on gtalk ;)

Anonymous said...

@Atrisa: And amen to that too! :)

AD said...

Chris Cornell notwithstanding, since you didn't mention "restraining order" in that list, I'm guessing an eventual resurrection was in order... it's a good feeling.. been there.

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.