Thursday, December 23, 2010

I've been wanting to write for quite some time. Not poetry, but just write. A little pressure from the MICA batchmates who only recently discovered the awesomeness that is me or it could be because so much is going on in my life I feel there should be a chronicle to capture everything. I mean, a few years down the line the autobiography would need some hardcore content, right?!?! Heh.


Another problem was the theme. Somehow the best ones struck me either in the Metro or my bed - late night or early morning - but the Metro's too crowded and my quilt way too cozy for me to find a writing device and pen down the train of thoughts. So well, all those themes are gone. Boo-hoo.


But S reminded me that it's merely a blog and more importantly, it's MY blog and MOST importantly, no one really cares, so I'm just gonna go with the flow, 'cause apparently the flow knows where to go (copied from a friend's fb status, originality's overrated)


So the previous month has been über fantastic! (for the lack of a better word) I was the compere of the half yearly Marketing meet and that went better than I imagined (my compering i.e, not the 24 powerpoint presentations we had to sit through) You know, when stranger uncles and aunties come and tell you that you remind them of their daughter, it feels nice. And warm and fuzzy. 


Alright then, shaking off the pansyness.


Immediately following this was a MICA friend's wedding to another MICA friend so the entire MICA junta landed up in Delhi for the festivities. I barely remember anything from those 2 days, majorly because there was such fantastic alcohol at all the functions, but here and there I get flashes of it being quite a grand affair. I don't doubt it at all. Though there are some embarrassing tales that involved my sari stinking and getting torn so I'd rather not put it in digital ink 'cause when you are having 5 shots of that pink vodka you probably think "Hey! How potent can anything pink be?" DON'T LET IT FOOL YOU! Especially not after you've already had Wine and Schnapps. And especially especially when the bartender is a mad crazy fucker who tops up your drink 3 times with Absolut. Yes, I counted, but did I care? Also, if anybody asks, I wasn't there. What's better you have no pictures to prove otherwise. Hah!


Moving on.


I still hadn't got a chance to miss my friends when the MICA reunion happened. So we happily packed our bags for Gujju land. I also carried my laptop which people initially made fun of but ended up using it eventually. Ha-hah! 8 and a 1/2 months apart and it felt like I never left. Or I was dreaming. Either way, it was a great way to achieve closure.


If all this wasn't enough, one of the most successful JVs of our country divorced. And of course, I am employed by that company. I swear, I had no role to play in it. They split amicably but I think there were irreconcilable differences. Oh wait, or was that Britney and her 3rd husband? 


All this lead to a flurry of brainstorming sessions and I can't tell you how much brains I have put to use since last week. New name, logo making, copywriting...it's like when my boss tells me "Stop making taglines and start creating campaigns!"


Apart from all this my parents finally got the courage to bring up the M word. To which I realized how much I actually detest the whole concept of it. There's so much to lose and so little to gain. For 5 years of regular sex I ain't gonna be miserable for 50 - boredom, stress, lack of freedom, having to keep the new family happy, kids, a compromised career, a husband that comes late from work just so he doesn't need to help out with household chores. And such men after 25 years of marriage say how women are still a mystery to them! I don't blame them, it's hard for them to understand anything beyond food and sex. And evolution and nagging has still not made them enjoy shopping. A shame, really.


Without spewing any more poison on marriages, maybe for the career zone, I'd let this article speak for its articulate self.


iPhone and Android users, download Angry Birds. What a delightful little game!


OK so right about now I am tucking myself in. Good night or hope you've had a good night's sleep last night. Whatever works for you. 

7 comments:

maverick said...

and the font keeps getting smaller !!

Atrisa said...

I know, right. It's like one of those novels that someone highly recommends, and when you open the book you're like "Dude! Small font, can't read!"

Blogger shittyness has happened. Tried to fix it, need an IT handyman.

Clayboy said...

How could you forget the awesomeness that was Tron, woman? Trumps any silly multinational corporate emcee gig that you kicked major ass at stupendously well! Really.

Atrisa said...

Tron played absolutely no role in my life Clayboy. Unlike some other people who had to sit through it a second time :P

Clayboy said...

Sense the sarcasm, yaar...

Also, second time in 7 hours! X(

Shreya said...

"But S reminded me that it's merely a blog and more importantly, it's MY blog and MOST importantly, no one really cares, so I'm just gonna go with the flow, 'cause apparently the flow knows where to go (copied from a friend's fb status, originality's overrated)"

Lol...And by the way, pink = deadly...thought everyone knew that :P

debaleena said...

Love your title :)

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.