Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Posted this same day last year and though I've stopped counting, it remains one of my favorites. 
*****************************************************************************************************************
365
I said, I said
give me one chance
perhaps
a little more time
but I steal my line
to imagine
you said, you said
When was it my business?
it will only be
if you torment me
but you won't
so
I wonder, I wonder
was it about me
or never at all
and I hope it is
your inadequacies
but
I still, I still
reminisce
your pressure
here, here and here
I could show you
if only you were here.

I would say
I don't care
yet
I know, I know
and heartbreakingly so,
its been 365
and I'm still counting.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!

Shreya said...

Oh, teach me how to write please!

maverick said...

pardon me if I can't appreciate poetry well enough,(a certain Mr Samuel T Coleridge made sure about that while I was a kid :-\) but you write well :-) :thumbsup:

Choco said...

I remember I remember
Reading this one before
I cannot I cannot
Believe
That I did not comment that time
I think I think
Innocence
Is what makes this lil' poem so touching
That
And your artistic genius off course
But gal
I feel I feel
That
Those to whom we matter
Will be the ones
Who will
Never
Ever
Make us count.....

Sorry about the copy cattiness in your comments... But loved this one :)

Atrisa said...

@Anon - Thank you!

@Shreya - Arre what you sayin! :P

@maverick - But this is really easy :\ God promise! Also, thank you :)

@Choco - Haha and aww, thank you. You are right, the people who care never make us count :) Made me smile this one, see..you're a genius too! :P

Anonymous said...

sometimes I wonder whether I should actually slap a defamation case against you :)

Zlaek said...

The lines are moving. To me, they are a unique and beautiful expression of a rich mind's experience(s). I'm so glad to have landed here this way.

Atrisa said...

@Anon - Haha! Can't sue me anonymous. Buahaha *evil laugh*

@Zlaek - Sometimes you pack up the journey in a few sentences, stuff it in a trunk only to revisit it some or the other time. This poem is one of those. As much as it hurt then, it makes me smile now.

Whatever it is, I'm glad you landed here :)

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.