I've been leading a rather plateaued existence the past couple of months. As much as I like not being plagued by intense emotions, I like being plagued by intense emotions. Hey, I ain't complaining, but the writing has taken a major hit.
I was in the shower this morning and my mind wandered to 2009 when I started this blog to half use this medium to purge and half to communicate some (or a lot) left unsaid to a particular person. It took me close to 2 years of frantic writing to finally get everything out. My personal long term shrink!
One poem in particular did the rounds in my brain as the water poured down. No specific reason, it's not even a huge personal favorite. A lot of people were misled by the title (which I still feel is quite appropriate) Though I distinctly remember having fun writing it.
Encore? Here you go.
I'm such a bad bad boy
I stereotype you like I stereotype everyone
They all say I’m cold; you, pretty little thing, have just begun!
Since your actions refuted all that I predicted to hear
I conveniently assume Things are not always as they appear
See how ingeniously I put words in your mouth?
I reassure you of the opposite when you are in doubt
You certainly take non-reciprocation in bad taste!
My feelings that were but only temporarily misplaced
There is too much hurt here and I don’t care for more
Do you realize you sound like a broken record of a repeated folklore?
Why squander away precious time on me when you have so much to look forward to
Ok, try to sing with more heart ‘cause of what I did to you
But your melody swore it would waste no more notes on me
Seriously, did you think I was going to let you off that easily?
I will let you in on a secret - I use people to grow as a writer
And you are important because I will always be your humble debtor
I was in the shower this morning and my mind wandered to 2009 when I started this blog to half use this medium to purge and half to communicate some (or a lot) left unsaid to a particular person. It took me close to 2 years of frantic writing to finally get everything out. My personal long term shrink!
One poem in particular did the rounds in my brain as the water poured down. No specific reason, it's not even a huge personal favorite. A lot of people were misled by the title (which I still feel is quite appropriate) Though I distinctly remember having fun writing it.
Encore? Here you go.
I'm such a bad bad boy
I stereotype you like I stereotype everyone
They all say I’m cold; you, pretty little thing, have just begun!
Since your actions refuted all that I predicted to hear
I conveniently assume Things are not always as they appear
See how ingeniously I put words in your mouth?
I reassure you of the opposite when you are in doubt
You certainly take non-reciprocation in bad taste!
My feelings that were but only temporarily misplaced
There is too much hurt here and I don’t care for more
Do you realize you sound like a broken record of a repeated folklore?
Why squander away precious time on me when you have so much to look forward to
Ok, try to sing with more heart ‘cause of what I did to you
But your melody swore it would waste no more notes on me
Seriously, did you think I was going to let you off that easily?
I will let you in on a secret - I use people to grow as a writer
And you are important because I will always be your humble debtor

8 comments:
made my day the second time today. for some twisted reason, this one is very comforting.
Always at your service, Miss ;) Like I told you, for some twisted reason this one comforted me because when you've crossed the finish line and you look back at when you were still running and struggling, you're thankful for where you currently are.
Reminds me of someone I once knew from this world of blogs; this post... Not comforting... But.. So... Right on the spot.
Beautifully written :)
inspired totaly by real life?
or partially by a movie ;)
I read it twice.....really nice
@Choco - ooh must share the story :P
@Madhur - Movie? Movie?? Why? Real life movie se kam hai kya?
@Sony - Ah thanks! Much love to the Japanese.
Ahem! Must share the story of this 2009 boy!
@Anon - Read my blog, good person. 2009 and 2010 is nothing but that :)
Post a Comment
Now your turn!