Friday, August 5, 2011

Ever since my visit to KL, I've been inundated with the same "How was it?" question. So let me start with the concert.

During the first half of the Incubus concert I was just trying to not get killed in the moshpit by the mob, getting pushed and shoved and hit and me coming up from the crowd to breathe in some oxygen that some considerate people spared and then diving back in. I wasn't mentally present for the first FOUR songs! Also, I deliberately chose to wear six inch stilettos so my height wouldn't be to my disadvantage. (Which eventually turned out to be the correct decision) The second half had me finally getting into the groove of the mosh and all I remember is that I was hitting people with my elbow to get a clearer view of Brandon Boyd and singing at the top of my lungs. And those 1-2 seconds when Brandon was looking straight at me and we were mouthing the same words, all I was thinking was "My friends will never believe this when I tell them!"



At the end of the night my T shirt was drenched in sweat - mine and the hundred other people's who I was squeezed in with. My entire body gave up and I collapsed on the floor of the stadium for a good 15 minutes before I could even fathom moving a muscle. After being shooed away, I was walking barefoot on the main road at 11PM, my pumps and Incubus poster in hand, having stepped on some freshly discarded chewing gum, sitting at the bus stop trying to hail a taxi and telling my friend "Who would've thought that we'd be in a foreign country on a Saturday night, terminally exhausted and barefoot after a concert, sitting at a bus stop?" It wasn't fun running a high fever later that night for the next 2 days. The adrenalin rush almost ruined my vacation.

I promised never to attend another concert again unless in a more intimate environment. I hope I forget such a promise made to self.

This obviously was the actual purpose and the highlight of the trip.

Hah! Yeah so one day I went to Petaling Street and there was a guy selling DVDs on the road, he goes "You Indian? You want DVD for DDLJ, Hum Aapke Hain Koun, Kabi Khushi Kabi Nai Khushi." I laughed my butt off (in my head) and responded with a smile. Then he goes "You British or Indian?" Of course this was highly amusing so I had to clear out the confusion regarding my nationality and to let him know that every Indian has seen those movies. He was kinda slick, I felt like I was in Italy being wooed by a local!

I don't consider myself a regular tourist. My aim is never to cover all the tourist locations in the city and have pictures to prove it. I like to get to a place and relax and explore the place at no given pace. Petronas didn't mean as much to me as the cutest little Chinese kid who was furious with his mom and kept screaming right next to me at Starbucks. Or the metro ride where this girl sat on the floor acting like a beggar while her friends laughed, asking her to get up.

But the best part was receiving zero phone calls from the office and that I could finally hear the voices in my head. They were telling me I have a pretty good life and I don't justify it by the amount I crib. You want to know why?

I had written this post last year Jan called "Resolution for the decade"

*******
Eh I don't think my plan will fit in a year so I thought a decade should be enough. Here goes the multi-step process.

a) Get a job in Mumbai
b) Take up music seriously
c) Work hard, get some gigs and get famous (Hopefully a few years from now when you search my name on Google, it won't throw up results such as 'architect trial')
d) Land an international gig (or just enough money to travel to an Incubus concert)
e) Sleep around with a few backstage people to get me to meet Brandon Boyd
f) Really click it with him in the first meeting so he invites me to some party
g) Go to the party
h) Date rape him
i) Get pregnant
j) Extract child care support
k) Have his babies who would sing, write, read Carl Jung, play the didjeridoo and paint, and of course have killer looks

OK let's do the math. If I get done each process in a year, but of course combining steps e, f, g, h and i, I could get this done in about 7 years. Yeah, sounds about right.
**********

I've more or less accomplished points b and d. We all know e to k ain't happening :) So I'm patting myself on the back.

I have another travel post coming up - that one's a little morbid. Or maybe not.

4 comments:

madhurchadha said...

Point B?
Is that completed?

Anyways i guess you could try e-k..never Give up :P

Atrisa said...

@Madhur - There is no end to learning, my friend. It is and will always be ongoing.

As for e-k, SIGH.

:)

@Silent reader/admirer/stalker - You got your post!

Nikhil Ranjan said...

Date rape him ... Have his babies ... Whatta fecundity! One penetration popping out babies. Men and sperms would love you :)

ani_aset said...

sounds like god fun..and i remember reading that post too ..i think i did :D

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.