Thursday, September 22, 2011

It is not important how I know
but I know that you couldn't care less
you're perhaps busy making rounds with the woman of your dreams
(or so you keep telling her...and yourself)
making final decisions on table tops
and garlands, gold jewellery and a three tiered cake
and where you will fly later, for nothing but a vacation
from your mundane life
And I wish I could be happy for you,
after three years from when you broke the news to me
in my bed,
instead of chanting "the one that got away, the one that got away"
but thank God, you kept your promise to someone
and frankly, I'm not falling apart here
I would never give you that satisfaction
I just wish it were, infact, about you
and not the general sadness
about how love lost at this age not only finds a new arm candy
but someone who'd perhaps be bound to them for life.

My love, how can I not dedicate a final song to you?
I wish I could be there, singing my dashed hopes to you.
Anyhow, good luck to you and your wife
Here's a toast to the biggest party of your life.

9 comments:

WomanInLove said...

Real life? Nice any which way

Atrisa said...

Real life...highly exaggerated :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw&ob=av2e

Anupama said...

deja vu is almost gave me

Atrisa said...

@Anon - Ah! Adele! Love that song.

@Anupama - Happened to a friend a while back, breaks my heart to hear her talk.

Anonymous said...

Dis 1 flipped few close chapters of ma life.
2day is gonna be sad day :-(

Neways ....i must say dat you are almost perfect to express feelings with words/poems.

Sign -OFF
R S

Gourab said...

Had never hear Damien Rice before, (broken)heartfelt thanks and cheers: you sound like you could use a drink or two

Unaccustomed Mirth said...

"and frankly, I'm not falling apart here
I would never give you that satisfaction" Sigh.

you're brilliant. I suspect I've said this before and I might in the near future as well.

Atrisa said...

@RS - Oh my God, thank you. And don't be sad, let bygones be bygones. I hope when you look back at this day you shrug it off with a chuckle :)

@Gourab - Haha! I've had the hardest time for the longest possible time. I'm clean, drink free and that's how it will be. Booyaa!

@Rini - You know, even if you've said it before, it doesn't hurt to hear it over and over again ;) Thanks so much!

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.