Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's a real tragedy that it has been more than three years
I said "I love you" to people who weren't my girlfriends.
There have been a few times my heart was stuck in my throat
throbbing
ready to be spit out
only to have ego sew my lips.

Thank God!
Those "goodbye I love you's" are devastating, aren't they?

I said it a thousand times looking at your picture.
I said it a million times in my head.
And there were times I was thinking out so loud I feared I could be heard.
But that would've been ok.
Atleast I wouldn't have had to look back and think
What if I had put my pride on the line? Should I have risked it?
But my friends were there with big placards that said No! Don't do it! 

It's supposed to be easy with the right person, isn't it?
It should escape the mouth like cigarette smoke?

But if I had said it out loud
and it didn't change anything
what a blow would that have been!
So, even if my jaw were giving up,
I'll let my heart stay stuck in my throat
for as long as it doesn't feel wrong
I'll wait till the time it feels right
the time when it's not a goodbye, but a hello.

Hello. 
Welcome to my life.
I love you. 
Please don't leave me!

Maybe a statement give or take.
And maybe not in that sequence.

7 comments:

Unaccustomed Mirth said...

You know, I am visiting this page for the fifth time now and I still don't know what to say, but I do want to say something. Was there a time when you were impulsive about such matters?

Atrisa said...

Oh yeah, totally. After phone sex. Hahaha!

Seriously, I miss that time. When did things get so complicated?

Atrisa said...

Rini, read this -> http://thoughtcatalog.com/2011/why-i-pretend-i-dont-like-you-like-that/

Thought Catalog is fantastic, they have the most inane articles!

Unaccustomed Mirth said...

I'm on it, I'm on it. I was running out of nice things to read anyway. The blogosphere has suddenly gone kaput, so to speak. Any new, nice things to read are welcome. Also, I wanna do fraandsheep with you now.

Atrisa said...

You have just been sent a facebook friend request. Kindly check.

Hello.
Welcome to my (online) life.
Please don't delete me!

ani_aset said...

i'm reading the posts in reverse order so :) good things are waiting for you me is sureeeeeeee

Atrisa said...

Aha! Too much faith you have in me :)

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.