Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dear Boy

I've been crushing on the opposite sex since I was 5 years old. FIVE. Now I am almost 27. In the last 21 years I have cried over them for various reasons - they moved away, they liked other girls, they liked other girls and me at the same time but liked them better, but mostly because they did not know I existed.

And you should also know that from that long list (including the ones who have shown their interest in dating me) I've considered only THREE men for, you know, long-haul purposes. So that's 21 years divided by 3...1 guy for every 7 years. Like an admission letter, I am pleased to announce that you have been one of the candidates that made the cut.

So when you chose to let me down...gently...by saying (you perhaps lost interest in me because) I was "too easily pleased" (amongst other perfectly logical reasons), I have to admit, I was quite dumbfounded! Now that I've recovered, I can write this Open Letter because I can't possibly risk anything (barring a little pride)

Dating somebody for two months and considering them for the long haul? Yeah, I guess you're right, I AM too easily pleased.

There's a lot that didn't happen in those months, but there's a lot that did. Like, Gchatting the whole day, leading to endless phone conversations, not to mention text messages that made me smile to no end. You know how they say some pains are good pains? Yeah, that was my jaw for a whole month. My finely cemented walls came crumbling down so fast, I very blushingly embarrassed myself.

Never in my whole life has anyone fussed so much over my birthday! You were restless, trying to figure me out in that short span so you could throw a grand gesture...which you did. I know it wasn't "grand" for you but it was to me, because no one ever did anything like that for me, ever. You could've excluded the cooking and guitar playing, and it would've been just as good.

I shudder to think what bitches your previous girlfriends have been to you that they didn't appreciate your smallest attention to detail. But you clearly liked to be treated that way and not "Look! Here's a girl who's easily pleased. This is great!" I forgot, that after all, you're a guy and nothing is more important than a well-done chase sequence. But babe, I'm 27 and so very tired of games.

The fact that you wanted to get to know me outdoors as much as you wanted to discover me indoors, well that's just wrong! The fact that seeing you care about your family the way you do made me care about mine..well, that's just preposterous! The fact that you didn't want to push me against the wall while making out, because my head could be hit hard, that's just unheard of! The fact that you respect a rickshawwallah, a waiter that fucked up the order and a successful company CEO the same way, I'm sorry that's just inappropriate. I must be dreaming, this "I've learnt so much from you" & "You make me a better person" happens only in movies.

I've met plenty people in my life who are ambitious, talk big, and then present excuses for not doing them (that includes me) I haven't known you for long but I know you will never back down from what you've set out to do, however lofty it all might sound. THAT makes you incredibly hot. When you giggle like a little 10 year old while watching South Park, that just drives me insane with adoration. How could I not have exclaimed to myself "Where was this guy all my life?!?!" The fact that you still somewhere feel guilty about the way things ended with us...well, don't.

You took my imaginary checklist, ticked almost everything in it, scribbled some extra things down, made it into a ball and hit it out of the park. Yes, I was too easily pleased. And I can turn around and say "Hah! Your loss" but from where I see it, it's clearly mine.

But wait...No! I'm NOT too easily pleased. Can't you see? You're just that damn good.

22 comments:

Unaccustomed Mirth said...

You know, I wanted to say that day only ki I am extremely easy to please! Why is that such a bad thing though? It's not very nice all the time, I agree...but then being easily pleased and staying pleased also count, right? Which we know is not the case, thanks to the 'Hadness'. Sigh.

I love this post.

Atrisa said...

Well you *must* be easy to please, you've been with the same guy since the prehistoric era! :P

Hadness sucks, I hate hadness :(

Maya Stills said...

Bad day for the boy , when he reads this.
Superbly written, as always

Unaccustomed Mirth said...

Start a campaign against Hadness? Must! Also, yes, but then the prehistoric era guy is also so nice no :) Also, being only easy to please is fine, but when you couple that with 'eager to please', then you've had it! And I don't mean only romantic alliances but other friend-type relationships also.

IMI HR R&S said...

wOw!never seen a friendlier letter to an ex. no u hurt me so i'll hurt you here.

madhur said...

This is superb.... I dont know how you do it but your words do take one in your MIND...

BTW i hope the guy reads it...I dont think he will be able to stay away for long....that is if you let him be back...
...

Atrisa said...

@Ghetto aka Maya Stills (LOL) - Bruahaha! That'd be fun :P And thanks :)

@Rini - Iz all good. Easily pleased, easy to please. Iz all good. All the time. Till it gets boring. That's when you fight.

@Lots of dots - Nah, what's the point? You thank the people who've touched your life and move on if they choose to not stay :)

The rest of my blog is all pain and strife though. Enjoy! :P

@Madhur - Ooh thanks...like always :)

Oh btw, that wasn't the intention. Damn, now I've just embarrassed myself *scratching head*

Anonymous said...

I was reading the comments and didnt realise what you both meant by hadness, until I started to think about what I should say....cause this is so brilliantly written....yeah, hadness sucks.
- Tanushree

Anonymous said...

ok...here's my theory..i hardly know what happened here but from the look of it, this is what I think: The guy sounds like a pleaser...some guys just are...and if he says that you're too "easy to please" (rolls eyes), it sounds like he does all this pleasing stuff with all the girls he's been with and hence the comparison of "you're too easy to please" to the thrill of the chase...so would you rather not be happier with someone who does special things only for you and not as something out of habit?...just a thought
:Tanu (not tannu):D

Atrisa said...

'Tanu'ji, I completely get what you're saying, I'm hardly a novice with these things :)

Heh, we need to meet! Will tell you my theory ;)

Oh and I said Tannu 'cause we say "Tannu & Pammu" so the double letters just go better :P

Nikhil Ranjan said...

:) "easy to please". good excuse. there's this friend of mine. while in college he'd a girl friend who was rich. she would spend on him and take him places. then he got a job and came to the big city. started earning some good money. she'd not yet passed out so she would fly every few weeks to visit him and keep him satisfied. but the boy now could see that now he's money, amidst so much opportunity spending such a single flavoured life is nothing but foolishness. so the pleasure and care that he earlier received without asking suddenly started hurting his manly sense of freedom and self-respect. her unconditional love for him suddenly appeared to him stifling and he's reminded of his relative financial status qua her. he dumped her and flavoured his life with more spices. the girlfriend tried very hard to get back him back. would call him incessantly on the mobile and the office phone. because of this it'd become a problem for all of us in the sliver. once i picked up the phone. she told me one thing that "your friend used my body and my money and now that he's got money he's leaving me for some other girl".

the bottomline is that now your ex is either satisfied with what you used to give him or he's found some other source. then off course you become easy to please. he's more choices now. he can afford not to have you.

Nikhil Ranjan said...

@your new profile: would be your baby. but is your embrace wide enough to ensconce me within and take me to the moon and back home safe!

Ramya said...

Some fan following you have,,,

Whuaat? said...

"Too easily pleased" - Gah! Story of my life :'(

This letter was LOVE btw. I'm following you. That's it.

Agent Orange said...

"You could've excluded the cooking and guitar playing, and it would've been just as good."

That should hurt.

Atrisa said...

@Whuaat? - LOL. Your username gives me the funnies! Oh yay, stick around I say.

@Pupu - Hurt who?

@Tanu (!) - Yes, what I've been saying all along!

@All - Did not think this post would elicit such a response! I guess some things work out and some don't. So you have no choice but to graciously (or grudgingly) accept it.

But hey, I got 3 new followers because of this post! Attention whore? Word.

ani_aset said...

Oyeeee >:D< :(

Gypsy Couple said...

Brilliant !!! Im so coming back !!

Anonymous said...

a frustrated breakup letter....hope the guy never reads it :D

The Other Side of the Coin said...

Wow, I love your letter... couldn't have been any better in saying everything you could not say.

Atrisa said...

@Jenni - Thank you for saying that! So many comments and you're the first person who got why I wrote this. It wasn't to try to get him back, neither is it a "frustrated breakup letter" I just felt I was selfish when we were together and expressed more dissatisfaction than telling him all that I appreciated. So, there. Also, a little bit of anger but I'm allowed that since it's my blog :P

dr viral thakkar said...

u c the problem is ,,,,,guys do not know how to please a gal,,,,,,,all shoot their arrows in dark. some are lucky. some are not. ( the decision of lucky and lucky might be better made in retrospective manner also)

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.