Thursday, December 22, 2011

A poem from March '08.
***

Alter ego like an unwanted conjoined twin
Ocean of empty tears filled up to the brim
Eyes pleading with forces of nature to let you in
Tragicomedy chose me; today they're out on a limb!

Where do I make a Z with my sword?
Stabbing searing memories not ready to blur
Contemptible thoughts you thankfully never heard
'Friends' for lack and prohibition of a better word

Since when did lying become second nature
Or writing your name a thousand times on invisible paper?
Don't return the love from my one last letter
At best it would feel worse than anything better

Hey! Let's make a neat mess of it all
As you strangle my heart up against the wall
The only thing I can say with an immovable jaw
You came you saw, you came you saw...

8 comments:

Gypsy Couple said...

Didn't get the last line :(
But awesum !!!



p.s. - Do you write about anything other than heartbreaks ..??

Atrisa said...

Well, go figure!

Hahaha! No, for other things I just rant out to my friends. I don't like to bother them with my love life issues so much. So, heartbreak lands up here :)

Atrisa said...

Wait, my last so many posts have been non-heartbreak!

IMI HR R&S said...

ah..the contempt of a broken heart. I ended up using similar oxymorons..like the 'deafening silence.' super like though! :)

Nikhil Ranjan said...

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.
- William Butler Yeats

Atrisa said...

Heh, the context is slightly lost on me but you're quite the romantic, aren't you?

Nikhil Ranjan said...

This is one of my favouritest poems :)

ani_aset said...

waow sai hai 2008 me bi champ :D

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.