There are two types of girls in this world-
Those you take home to your mom and those you don't
You take them home and there's a bolt but no mom
Then the girl with a heavy bong accent goes Jeez mon I was so domb
How she worked hard to be intelligent, talented and funny
So she could contribute to a double income, for her family to swim in money
But little did she know all she had to do was dote on the guy and make palak corn
Sit home and be dependent and weak while the other foolishly learnt sex tricks from watching porn
And we're proud to be intimidating, strong and witty
We're the ones that change the world by forming feminist committees
So thus, we're taken for granted 'cause you believe we can bear it all
Have fun with us but run back to your child-like future bride when she calls
Poor things, they're just like everyone else
Have a sensitive heart but strength in a woman never sells
Those you take home to your mom and those you don't
You take them home and there's a bolt but no mom
Then the girl with a heavy bong accent goes Jeez mon I was so domb
How she worked hard to be intelligent, talented and funny
So she could contribute to a double income, for her family to swim in money
But little did she know all she had to do was dote on the guy and make palak corn
Sit home and be dependent and weak while the other foolishly learnt sex tricks from watching porn
And we're proud to be intimidating, strong and witty
We're the ones that change the world by forming feminist committees
So thus, we're taken for granted 'cause you believe we can bear it all
Have fun with us but run back to your child-like future bride when she calls
Poor things, they're just like everyone else
Have a sensitive heart but strength in a woman never sells

9 comments:
A truer word was never spoken...
Wow! So true, when we (me and my room mates) see a girl we categroize them as 'ghareelu maal' and other is 'maal'. I am sorry to use the words like that, but that is the truth. When I read your first stanza I couldn't help but chuckle, yes to me the poem was hilarious too, but when I read the last two lines I couldn't help but think. Good work yaar! So humorous, but so thoughtful!
this is bestest one!
hahaha...its not below the belt its like taking the belt and smacking the bastard..if u know what i mean
Did i say that i love MEAN ARCHIE
@Anon - I know it was you, Jaime!
@Anil - Hey! Thanks for all the comments :) Waise I have heard people say worse things like two guys fighting over a girl, engaged in this conversation:
Guy 1: Saale, tu mera laddoo kha gaya
Guy 2 : Woh tera laddoo kabhi tha hi nahi
Laddoo. Really. As much as it made me angry, it was damn hilarious!
@Buddy - Hey! Mean Archie is sleeping. These days it's the good ole chirpy one that irritates the hell outta me, barring last evening's "growling" session with my brother (I'm quite good at it, he said)
Oh! so my blawg is now a source of entertainment? Are you paying me anything for it? Jerks!
I loved this one :)
How she worked hard to be intelligent, talented and funny ...... yeah as if they care
Have a sensitive heart but strength in a woman never sells .. bang on ..
Waiting for the next one Archie
Gargi sent me here and I must say, that is a good piece of writing there. Very poingnant :)
And thus spake the Master of the Written Word ... it cant get truer than this ... I doff my hat once again ... loved the way you've titled this piece of truth ... but i'd surely wanna know why you've titled it such ...
Nice one Arch.
I'd love to hear a bong anyone that, btw.
Couldn't agree more..the thought of strength in a woman is often romanticized but never really appreciated.
Post a Comment
Now your turn!