You can call this an attempt to fill-in what was left to say
In sadness, excitement or anger display
At this phase of our story, I can safely admit I can’t act nonchalant
Why do you ask me; tell me, what do you want?
My side of the tale is as simple as it can get
You are a part of my life I refuse to regret
Now, you can be intimidated by this dam that you incessantly broke down
Here that I offer a few humble words of my own to a poet of renown
Did I ever tell you about your laugh that I have accidently made my own
Or a thousand wonderful sins committed with you I do not wish to atone
How, in your presence, I have always tried to control the butterflies
And how my own schoolgirl feelings caught me by anxious surprise
With you every moment spent becomes impossible to weigh
Look what just happened - I discovered beauty in clichés!
Pray tell me, is this how one feels commonplace?
Love, why carry on and patronize?
Your claimed truths could just as well be lies
Your words will no longer bear any meaning for me
As long as my yearning hands are snatched empty
You know you are my muse and will forever remain
Through what I call discomfort and you call pain
And I will hide my disappointment that you overwhelmingly agree
This is as far as my curiosity should take me
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I've said it baby
I've got it out of the way
Its not me baby
Its my heart on display
"My side of the tale is as simple as it can get
You are a part of my life I refuse to regret"
Beautiful...I kept feeling that I was peeping into someone's diary and was not supposed to be reading it... :)
Lyrical melodrama... espouse sanity. Gain selfishness and objectivity. Love will sit idly on your window sill.
@Anon-Wish I had learnt more in my 24 years.
There is enough learning in here atrisa
"Through what I call discomfort and you call pain
"
Touche
i'd have to put your whole poem into quotes here to say which parts i loved the most.
i dont know if at another time i would be able to love the poem as much as i do now... for reasons quite obvious i think
i too, have written and written and yet,there's more in there...
i "felt" every line, every word you wrote, as much as i would my own.
Need i say more?
*sigh
Like choco says it is like peeping into someones diary.
If yes this person surely is not as brilliant as you say he is. No man, however brilliant, can remain a muse forever.
If no darn good poem ya
even if yes, darn good poem ya.
@ Anon - Zank you :) Sure muses can change, but there are always times you fear they won't, you know? Of course, shit happens and then time passes. Or it just stops. Bah! Isn't life just wonderfully strange?
@ Meghana, Mind, Choco, Ani - I can't believe I don't even know you guys and you make repeat visits to my blog! Thanks for giving me a small family right here :)
Post a Comment
Now your turn!