A little background: Wrote this for my then boyfriend on our first anniversary. *Sigh* on being 18 and doing things parents wouldn't approve!
This Kiss
We talk
we digress
As we look into each other's eyes
somehow you read every thought on my mind
and we know it's time
You lock the door
and I try to relax
even after a year, it's the same old new
You walk towards me
I'm still gasping for my breath
You sit beside me
and I smile, attenuated
You lift your hand and push my hair back
your fingertips gently caressing my nape
As you move closer to me
I feel a warm whiff of air on my face
my eyes closed, lips trembling
and that moment when we kiss
I drift to a fantasy land
I never want to come back.
Stay with me, my lover
'cause I need you in this time of my youth
'cause you never know the turns of this capricious life
this kiss was only a prelude
We can be happy
this state of trance could go on
this rhapsody could play forever
such is the power of this kiss
We talk
we digress
As we look into each other's eyes
somehow you read every thought on my mind
and we know it's time
You lock the door
and I try to relax
even after a year, it's the same old new
You walk towards me
I'm still gasping for my breath
You sit beside me
and I smile, attenuated
You lift your hand and push my hair back
your fingertips gently caressing my nape
As you move closer to me
I feel a warm whiff of air on my face
my eyes closed, lips trembling
and that moment when we kiss
I drift to a fantasy land
I never want to come back.
Stay with me, my lover
'cause I need you in this time of my youth
'cause you never know the turns of this capricious life
this kiss was only a prelude
We can be happy
this state of trance could go on
this rhapsody could play forever
such is the power of this kiss

12 comments:
It culd be nething but not embarrassing.
Loved it......
Exactly. This is what you were churning out when we were writing horribly corny, rhyme-y, and BSB/Bryan Adams inspired excuse for poetry,be proud!
@Rajesh - Thank you :)
@Rini - Haha! I've done my time in the BSB prison. I have a 150 songs, that I've never shown anyone, to prove it :P
Actually it isn't bad at all. Liked the 7th para though
"cause you never know the turns of this capricious life
this kiss was only a prelude"
Loved these lines!!
@Anon and Shreya - Oh well thank you :)
Does any of that feeling from that moment remain, tucked away?
@Jason - What kind of person would I be if it didn't? Except it wasn't a moment, it was a series of moments. Nice, right? :)
Loved it loved it loved it..
"cause you never know the turns of this capricious life"
you wrote this(and the rest of it) when you were 18?
18?
*shakes head in forced disbelief (read jealousy)*
18?
and AAAAnyway ..
hi :) long time.. haven't read you in so long..!! loved this one :) really :) (#$%$ 18 %$^&^%*^)
and hehehehe@ "it was a series of moments. Nice, right? :)"
*proud of you* :D
@Surreal - Thank you so much :)
@Shamanth - Hi! First of all, congratulations on the awesome job. Maybe you ain't liking Hyd too much right now but perhaps all you need is your daily dose of mutton biryani ;)
Hehe yeah, 18 :) I remember being very inspired by Shakespeare's 'Venus and Adonis' that time. I think that time sucked real bad, but in retrospect it's beautiful!
P.S: When you writing again?
lolz@ mutton biryani! i would lose more weight and energy finishing one all by myself (they serve mountains of rice in one plate!!) than i would gain from it :)
and Aaaahhh... Shakespeare!!! The Master himself... No time involving Shakespeare can be NOT beautiful... no matter how much the rest of it sucked :D
P.S. - Don't even ask! I shouldn't even be allowed to leave comments till I write something new :( I will... soon.. :|
Post a Comment
Now your turn!