Sunday, October 3, 2010

So today during Anjaana Anjaani (omfg the mind numbing, bored the holy bejesus out of me, it took a Robot to bring me back to life, though I would've preferred a fuck) S goes "Oh Happy Gandhi Jayanti" and I'm pretty sure though I stared at him for like 2 seconds and didn't answer back 'cause I was trying to wrap my brain around it. If only it had been a weekday...Then later when we were quietly digging into our McChickens, Saare Jahan Se Accha instrumental version was playing in the mall, I have no clue why (ohh...right) we started discussing if that's the national song or if its Vande Mataram. I remember sometime back in school that used to be one of those questions that the history teacher used to feel proud of that they've tricked us into, except that we never really cared and since S and I are coincidentally from the same school, we probably related to it 'cause we chuckled harmoniously. (I dunno actually, I didn't ask why he chuckled) Either way, I don't know what it means to be patriotic. I only understand fanaticism. Though not the kind of fanaticism that Ms. Kiara aka Piggy Chops had in the friggin movie about suicide 'cause she was like totally perky about the whole thing. Weird. Dhishoom to my head wonly. And do you know there's a movie on homosexuals coming out soon titled "Dunno Y"? Why, god, why? I don't even believe in you and I'm still crying out to you.

Amongst other things that S has emphatically started saying to me are "Why would anybody wanna date you?", "Dude! You're screwed up" and "No wonder you're single!" He sort of logically concludes what my ex said to me a few days back "Oh I see the temper's still there" I don't even know why I waste my breath on boys anymore, the incorrigible robosapiens (ok 'that' I stole from Superstar Rajni) As long as I am earning and have a laptop and an internet connection I seriously don't understand why I need a guy. Which contradicts one of the recent feelings that I have towards romantic relationships 'cause I tried the whole 'random' thing and it's really not worth my time. Though it will help my re-celibate cause by totally putting me off sex. Yayness all around.

However, if I am being standoffish or cold or mean or whatever the words are, I'm totally gonna blame my parents, all 25 years of it, 'cause it seems like the easiest thing to do. I don't know how to display affection at all and when I do try and genuinely at that, I start crying. I know, beats me! Currently my idea of showing love is to wear a t-shirt that says "My dog is cuter than your dog" and it's sad 'cause my dog can't read. Actually no dog...yyyeahhh. Though I think S has helped that situation to some extent by being the weirdly expressive person that he is and by constantly calling me a pussy, apart from the more obvious reason. My hand holding record is now 4 seconds! Say whaaa! Hi5! (Slap it, don't grab it. Wow. So. Many. Images.) And I offered to take my parents out twice, except they wanted to do other things. Can't say I didn't try.

The awesome bit is that I get to see A.R. Rahman tomorrow live! Hearing his Robot/Enthiran soundtrack, I was reminded of the episode when Ross played his keyboard at the Central Perk. Yeah. I'm getting a few footwear my way aren't I?

14 comments:

GleeFan said...

You do realize that 'S' chap probably means the "No wonder you're single" comments in jest, right?

Also, a guy's "Why would anyone wanna date you?" comments shouldn't really bother said 'you' *after* the guy's asked out and been rejected by 'you'... emphatically... more than once... for, like, no reason.

Just saying. You should probably know that. =p

PS - Stop. Talking. Like. This.
It's my thing. X(

Atrisa said...

Yeah, about the P.S. thing, I've picked that up from you and it's getting rather hard to shake off :\

Rest of the stuff...dude you know I'm stuck in high school! I have no reason to do anything that I do, including this blog! :P

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been overloaded by emotion from someone else. As if emotion were dangerous, and you had to tamp it down in you to not worsen the situation.

Atrisa said...

When I was 18, for my 1st anniversary with my then boyfriend, I wrote a poem for him, made it all fancy decorative, put it in an envelope and gave it to him when I met him. And he says "You should've emailed it to me instead" I would've slapped him if he weren't sitting in the driver's seat :)

I really don't remember ever being verbally or PDA-expressive. I'm telling you, it's the parents! And yeah, I think I agree with you on the "worsen the situation" bit, might be it subconsciously. Otherwise I just think it's lame :P Meh, what're you gonna do.

GleeFan said...

Ayyo, enough with the parents card. Grow a pair, yaar!

Atrisa said...

Did you mean to write 'yaar' after you wrote 'grow a pair'? Cuz that would be 'grow up yaar yaar'

GleeFan said...

Ooh! Humour as a defence mechanism to deflect attention... You remind me of a young me. *Sniff* You learn well, child.

Atrisa said...

A young you would be a newborn.

GleeFan said...

Yes. I was born with impregnable armor.

You know... Like Superman.

True Story.

Atrisa said...

Oh that's why you were wearing briefs over your pants.

Atrisa said...

That joke was so layered, like your layers.

Poe said...

Lol. You make me laugh, loter. Fun post yeow! :)

ani_aset said...

woowooowooo whatt hpppeennned :P

Atrisa said...

@Poe - Yay! :D From one funny to the other :)

@Ani - What happened? Nothing man, life happened :P

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.