Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sometimes people ask me why or how I am the way I am. I think being a Kashmiri might have something to do with it. If you visit Kashmiri families or come to our functions like weddings et al, you'll see that it's the women who do all the super-excited greetings. The men, in the meanwhile, huddle up in groups of 3 in the corner, possibly to avoid work and acquiring any semblance of intelligence, and whisper amongst each other about life in the valley and how they wish they had kangris. So I've sworn to never get married to a Kashmiri guy.

But I guess times they are a-changing and I guess I wouldn't mind a guy like my brother.

//Brother pimping begins

He's 19, single, quizzer, sings really well, super funny, brilliant footballer, was part of MUN and all, is currently confused between Law or pursuing CS after graduation and writes superbly. You might even ask why he's still single. My guess is it's 'cause his name's a little girly.

Look how adorable.












Oh sorry! That's the dog, Tutu. I didn't have a say in naming him either.












Seems like a normal boy from a normal family, no?

//Brother pimping ends

Being away from my family for 4 years made me feel more affectionate towards him. So when I came back home for good, I got FIFA installed on my laptop for him out of sheer love. OK so now basically I want him off my back! Wake up in the morning and he's on my laptop. Sleep at night, he's on the laptop. When he's not on my laptop he's jam-growling with his guy friends over the phone. Gay. He really should get a gf so he gets a life and stops snitching on me every Saturday when I get home a little beyond the deadline (or how I like to call it - dadline. Getit?)

This is an example of us engaging in a typical friendly banter:

SaTan: Are you like...CRYING?
Me: Shut up. It's Grey's! (Anatomy) I have gone through 6 seasons of an emotional rollercoaster, this affects my life. 
SaTan: Gay. 
Me: Wtf! Like you don't get upset when Manchester United loses! 
SaTan: (with eyes exactly like in the picture) They are like...uh...REAL PEOPLE! 
Me: Shut up! Get the hell out! 
SaTan: And that's your best comeback? Gay.

And yeah, he likes to sign off as SaTan. Don't ask.

Anybody interested? 

In other news, there is a glass window in my office which really stupid pigeons like to collide into. Damn funny it is. Unless they're blind or something.

27 comments:

GleeFan said...

Dadline... Face.Palm.


Also, awwwwwww....

Anonymous said...

Don't be snitching on our girl Atrisa, Mr. SaTan!

(Sorry, don't have any leads for your love life. I'm a little out of the neighborhood, too.)

Atrisa said...

@Gleefan - You wanted your reason, your comment's the reason X(

And, hehe, he couldn't stop laughing :P

@Jason - Haha! Yeah SaTan, he said it!

It's aight, I'm not as desperate as I make myself sound to be :) I managed to put together a good life.

Vasuta said...

with u ruining his chances like this, poor guy! :P oh but "Dadline" \m/

GleeFan said...

That I point out your puntasticness? That's your reason? That?! You don't reject me... I reject you!

You were already rejected for comparing Grey's to United, waise. Blasphemy!

Atrisa said...

@Vasuta - I can't possibly do more damage than he has to himself :P And since when did you start using " \m/ " Looks funny on you :P

@Gleefan - Vasuta likes 'dadline'. You suck! And you suck for other reasons too, sucker! Now stop pooping all over my blahhhg.

GleeFan said...

Wha? I said awwww... Very swit post.

Atrisa said...

Gleefan - You're too cute! :D Just pullin yo leg yaaa!

ani_aset said...

This reminds me of what Jai did to Veeru...tch tch sisters i tell you..how much we do for them..and this is what one gets ;P

Atrisa said...

The fact that I still haven't deleted FIFA '10 and '11 from my laptop (despite many many threats) are proof enough of my love :)

career said...

Wow.... It's a fantastic blog.

I like your pictures and your blog.

I would like to invite you to visit my blog:

http://paradise-adventure.blogspot.com/

Keep blogging.
Thanks and have a great time.

Poe said...

Dewwd. Your brother is the third link between you and me. Six degrees of separation and all that. Pretty cool only. Fifa '10 is supposed to be a major fail I've heard, football manager and other daemon games are supposedly the better of the two.


And yes I do have one of those brother things too.

Atrisa said...

@Paradise - Thank you so much :) Will def visit your blog!

@Poe - Yeah? What are the first two?

Hehe, aren't brothers a pain! I wouldn't trade them for anything though :P

Anonymous said...

well if you were planning on marrying a 55 year old kashmiri guy, then yes the kangri fixation could be an issue :) otherwise I think the rest of us aren't that bad! :D

Atrisa said...

@Anon - Pinch me. This can't be real! :P

Anonymous said...

@atrisa: well you're believing the words of an anonymous poster :) and just so you know ,most guys I know only talk about kashmir and pain of the dying kashmiri culture to nab leftist chicks from JNU who are always searching for "victims".I don't think most give a shit :) Those who do, more power to them. Btw nice blog and yes ManU >> Grey's anatomy

Atrisa said...

@Anon - Goddamn I think I might have tried the dying Kashmiri culture thing on some! People find the whole "being Kashmiri" very hot. Oh but you seem to have some experience, nabbing leftist chicks from JNU is it? :)

Thanks, keep reading. If you wouldn't be anon, I'd read yours too.

Anonymous said...

aaah no actually! I have tried it on firangis :) works better there. Whole victim of terrorism angle,seen cousins in action in delhi.

its better to stay anon than to get ur blog trashed by ppl with real talent :D

Atrisa said...

Anon, you've had some hardcore experience ;)

And come on, if you can make me laugh with 2-3 comments (especially the 'real talent' bit), surely your blog would be a brilliantly fun read.

Anonymous said...

@atrisa: I am currently asking my mum to check the 'jantri' to see when there is an auspicious time to reveal myself :D. Till then I shall enjoy your blog :)

Atrisa said...

Haha! You do that. I'll be here wonly.

Anonymous said...

Educated homophobes!

Atrisa said...

There's a difference between being a homophobe and stereotyping. We all resort to one or the other sometime.

The Unpaid Analyst said...

लोल्ज़! Nicely written, with a sister like yours I can't seem to understand what could stop your bro from getting a nice homely girl :P

The Unpaid Analyst said...

I meant 'you' and not 'yours'. Time to search for the rapidex english course again :P

Nikhil Ranjan said...

UNSOLICITED SUGGESTION: For personal use and not for publishing!

Atrisa, I think for your brother a career of CS may not be intellectually fulfilling (after reading his poetry I reached this conclusion). He appears to be an intelligent and thinking human being. CS's job is more about compliances and filing returns before the Registrar of Companies and other authorities. He's basically a Secretary to the Board of a company. I agree a CS has quite some reach in the upper echelons of his company.

I'm not denigrating the job of CS. Even I qualified first as a CS and then did LLB to become a lawyer, then worked with one of the top law firms in Mumbai. But that didn't give me the kick I need so last year I joined the chambers of one of the most respected senior counsel practicing direct taxes in Mumbai. I fear your brother may get the same pangs as I did if he ends up as a CS.

Even then I would advise him to join the CS course right now and finish it along with his graduation and thereafter go for LLB from Delhi University’s Campus Law Centre (It's the best for 3 yr LLB in India) that would increase his chances of entry into top law firms. Then join a good law firm and work there for few years. If he gets bored with firm/corporate law job - (and for which there's a huge chance in case of your brother, the job being one of pure advisory and chamber work in nature, not giving the kick that one may get in litigation, though the job of a corporate lawyer looks sexy from outside) – he should apply for LLM at some Ivy League universities like Yale, Harvard, etc. For that he would have to remain very much active during college life like taking part in moots, writing legal essays/papers, and other activities of general nature. During law he should also go for internships with top firms. That is almost compulsory and just betters the chances of entry into good law firms and would also give him a chance to decide whether he really likes the field.

I would even advice your brother to go for CA instead of CS if he is really interested in tax and accounts. It would improve his chance to become a good tax lawyer. Otherwise CS is good enough. I often find CAs also qualified as a lawyer are too much of a slave of their training as a CA. Lawyers, really good lawyers, has to be a free thinking man. So if your brother wants to be a great lawyer then CA is not really required.

I’m sorry to give an unsolicited advice but I felt like writing so here it is. For any further clarification you may write to me at nikhil.r.jha@gmail.com

P.S.: One of the benefits of going for law for your brother I see is that he will better his chances to date some hot chicks  Because of the good salary law firms pay today, law attracts some of the smart and mad things (since law makes you aware of difference between law and morality) who could not work hard enough to get into engineering or medicine.

Atrisa said...

@Nikhil - Thanks! I couldn't resist publishing this :P Will deliver the message to him :)

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.