He's running out of words
as he ran out of emotions
he's trying to make a joke
but they've heard it all before
he looks at his damaged self
and the ones he took down with him
so he holds on to her tightly
'cause she might be the only one who'd care
as she made his life hers
when she didn't know any better
that she'd find a hollow man
who talked of a lovely blue sweater
she thought it was about her
it was not
it was not
her former friends
don't miss her at the weekly melting pot
she hoped it would be a vacation
but was tied down
to a fisherman's knot
she thought she'd live it long
her heart is ill
now life is short
she once loved this man
but he didn't bother a squat
she saw all the signs
but she deliberately forgot
don't feel bad for him
especially don't feel sad for her
she made that choice
they had their shot
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
If this the product of a burst of creativity, then it's absolutely beautiful! otherwise I just feel like an asshole :|
"she made that choice
they had their shot"
I love how your mind works Tris
I love that in some ways it reflects mine
I have read this post thrice now
Still. I want to read it one more time
**Applause** :)
@Anon - It is a product of a burst of creativity when you're sitting idle in the office yearning for a chance to showcase any hint of creativity :) This blog is heaven sent.
@Choco - Oh hey, long time! Thanks a lot.
P.S: Watch this brilliant show called Mad Men.
I wish I could write poetry. Or anything like it!
Double like!
This one stings. It's hard to want to be anti-social and social at the same time.
there are moments when I would relate to this like it belonged to me!
nice!!
One day when you are called as the edgar allen poe of India, kids will read your poems and wonder, the guy got dumped just coz he had a thing for blue sweaters? (Call me dense but I couldn't understand the deeper meaning /significance of the blue sweater,neither will the kids of the future, so clarifications pliz :D )
@Shreya - Thank you! I wish I could write like you!
@Jason - You are your decisions.
@Nidhi - Love you my cutie pie :)
@Gaurav - Welcome to the blog! And thanks :)
@Anon -
a) Edgar Allen Poe, really? Let's leave it at that.
b) Blue sweater reminds me of something someone once wrote. A friend says he doesn't get my poems 'cause there always seems to be some inside joke. I don't disagree.
c) The guy didn't get dumped. And he lives without regrets 'cause he doesn't see the pain he has caused or will continue to cause others.
Kids of the future can ask me personally, madam doesn't mind.
Following your work for sometime. I may be dangerously guessing here so feel free to not publish this comment.
I guess because i think your experience is somewhat similar to mine. Maybe that is why I love your poems so much. They tell my story I think.
I once fell for a brilliant man. The type you don't come across often. He was the best in what he did But the thing was very brief. Now, when I look back - sure there was hurt - but I know what was not meant to be was not meant to be.
I hear a lot about his reputation with women but the thing is now I realize that he never ever wanted to cause any hurt. He was upfront about everything and when we were together no matter how brief he was more of a man than anyone I have seen.
we remain good friends and as strange as it would have sounded when it hurt - i think everything was worth it. it is sometimes better to experience someone like him for a minute even if it is difficult to let go off his scent. brilliance is rare. even if it is cruel. i am glad his touched me.
and you know funny thing is when i look back at our time together and think about the little details i am not afraid to admit now that perhaps i used him. but when i miss him the easy thing is to blame him and have vodka:) the hardest part i guess is today when i am with other men the mind cant help but compare them to that guy. everyone falls short. that is his most painful legacy.
I would really feel stupid now if your poems were about a pup or something. so even if they were, just say that they were about a man :)
- the lady who wrote a long comment
Hello the-lady-who-wrote-a-long-comment, brace yourself for a long reply :)
First of all, thanks for sharing.
Just one question - Did he reciprocate your feelings, 'cause it doesn't seem like you gave him a chance at all. He wouldn't be the best version of himself to you if he didn't feel you were worth it. And now you're just defending yourself 'cause you think he was too good for you and that's your reason why it "wasn't meant to be".
Forget the philandering, that's just a way to cover up the loneliness.
Or, maybe you're just horrendously in awe of him and wanted to try him out for a bit (which is also ok), however that still doesn't explain the "painful legacy" bit.
But hey, I'm sure if you've taken a decision, you know what you're doing and what's best for you :)
Now *I'd* feel really stupid if you were to be offended by this :\ If I were an expert I wouldn't have written 49 poems in an attempt to purge!
Bwahah! My poems can't be about my pup; the only time he hurts me is when he comes to me but doesn't slobber all over my face!
i can only applaud...wish i could write even 10% as good as that
I went through a lot of your work here now. It's brilliant, brilliant work, certainly. But more importantly, I must admit that I've been finding it surprisingly easy to empathise (a relatively rare experience for me) with parts of the content that aren't obscure. In certain parts, it's like a corresponding, parallel version of my own thought. It might just be a quality in your writing, but any which way, it's good. :]
Chinmayee.
seriouslyy.....publish a book or something....write on TC...participate in world poetry competitions....This is fantastic..
I keep coming back to the same point - you're brilliant.
Post a Comment
Now your turn!