an owl that watches you sleep
bat ears, they detect your lies
cat eyes that see right through you
the hyena laugh is her anger's guise
irked, she howls akin to a wolf
getting under your skin like a tapeworm
she's a leech feeding on your blood
permanent like an unclean hand's germ
a barking dog that barricades the door
a lion inked on her shoulder blade
she did soften to become your goat
but beware! even her toe rings are rattlesnakes
to keep you living
an animal was because;
to keep you from leaving
an animal she was
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
holy.
Omg!! This is just so awesome!!
@Meghana & Rutuja - One guy on twitter said "An animal called wife"! haha!
Oooh...New template. In the exact colors I want to paint my room in... I like! :)
And girl. You seemed to have tapped into the woman psyche while writing this. I specially agree with the first para. Very unique. Very naaice :)
When the ancient wilds are still strong.
I like that intensity. Even if it mean getting bitten.
In other news 'men have started sleeping with baseball bats under their pillows'
Bad jokes apart. Nice blog! loved the layout and loved the intensity of the poem.
@Choco - Ooh awesome. It'll look real nice on the walls :) And thank you, it helps to be a woman myself :P
@Jason - Thank you :) Wild state of mind, yes.
@Anon - Haha! Whoops! Thank you, come again :)
I'm new here, but I love this poem, it's super! :)
This poem, was just what I needed right now!
@Ekta - Whoops! I doubt if you'll ever get here again but thanks!
@Shreya - Oh yeah? Great then :)
Post a Comment
Now your turn!