Saturday, January 15, 2011

We have more than enough bacon
you like to bring home
and the children get all they want
including annual trips to Rome.
You said you won't be your father
and will fulfill our every wish
our pockets shall never go empty
we won't ever need to don kitsch.
Sundays we thank our stars
and afterwards party lavishly
our ancestors might have suffered
so we swore not to live slavishly.

But I put some of mine in a piggy bank
I worry sometimes, so I'll be frank;
If something should happen to you any which way
I save, for that particular rainy day.

8 comments:

agent green glass said...

super.

Anonymous said...

hey this is a pretty blog

Siddhant Lahiri said...

I loved this one. I don't know why. But I thought it was magical.

- Sugar Cube - said...

Wow!

Atrisa said...

Thanks all!

Siddhant, one of my favorites this one :)

Anonymous said...

Loved the post , as usual ... but could not make sense of the title though ... or maybe am just too dumb to miss the obvious ...

Anonymous said...

I guess I did miss the Obvious ... (I still havent figured this out though)

Deepak Gopalakrishnan said...

This reminds me of (Money + Dogs) by Floyd! :)

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.