There were things you said
that stay with me
although you asked me,
as you changed your mind
almost as it left the mouth,
to get rid of them.
Flush from ear number two
before the brain registers!
A little too late, my love.
A little too late.
A paper crumpled can't erase ink.
You left me high
and certainly not dry;
A little too deep, my love.
A little too deep...
where proof of love drips like nectar.
I hung on
to your every word
'cause they were the only things
worth hanging on to
at the edge of my pillow then
and for years after that,
always picturing you getting dressed
next to the door.
Tell me,
in the heat of the moment,
did lies lie to you
about not being lies?
A little too much lie, my love.
A little too much lie.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
baap re, heavy !! ;-)
Beautifully written!
Nice, Trisal
I dont like all your poems, but this one, yeahhh.
I like the truth in all the lies.
@Maverick, Rajita - Thank you!
@Shakeyboi - <3 you.
@Adi - Ooh you liked something! Thanks :)
@Nidz - You think there are some fragments?
Probing the deep wounds.
Oh you, Poet!
What ARE you when you are SO good with words!
"did lies lie to you
about not being lies?"
God! What words! What beautiful words! aaahh...
it's so good to read you after so long, and yet... just like old times :)
Respect.
P.S. - hi :) logged onto blogger after MONTHS. and you made up for it :) I can't wait to read the rest...
The first six lines convey exactly how I feel at this particular moment in time and for you to have written them just boggles me!! Loved it. :)
@Jason - Anything for the art! :P
@Shamanth - Thankee thankee! :D Reaffirms that someone reads and appreciates. Also, blogger misses you!
@Anon - Thank you, but I wouldn't want anyone to identify with the first six lines :)
"did lies lie to you
about not being lies?" .... Seriously ... i mean how ... like ... how ????? BRILLIANT , WAY TOO BRILLIANT ..... i'd like to scan ur neural pathways and just learn how the hell do you manage this ...
and yeah , am anon 2 ...
Anon 2
thank you.
no need to scan my neural pathway
they seem to be on a holiday.
I don't know how I managed this
sometimes words give me a deep kiss.
So bad.
Post a Comment
Now your turn!