Tuesday, May 17, 2011

When he appeared into my ignorantly fine world he wasn’t a part of my plan
He stood at the foot of a staircase with a tipped hat, a flower in his jacket and much élan
His hand didn’t stretch out; he didn’t quite say “My lady”
And the rest of the term I kept chasing him around, his naked legs were quite the delicacy

He hopped about as soon as I’d bend to touch his shining skin
but when I’d pretend to be with another he’d turn visibly green and carry a nasty grin
“What do you want from me?!” I asked, as I tried to hide my face under my blazer
“Croak croak” he goes, “croak croak”

I said “I don’t quite understand, what language is this?
But tell me, how many more frogs must a girl kiss?”

He was the knight in shining armor, when my heart was at war
Reeling from the man who had broken my soul, is that what men are for?
Determined for him to prove me wrong I laid out my all for him
I’d be the clarity to his protruding eyes; I’d be his seductress, his best friend at whim

But I should’ve known he thrived only in dirty little ponds
He did not love with the heart, he traded them like stock market bonds
“What do you want from me?!” I asked, as tears ran down my face
“Croak croak” he goes, “croak croak”

I said “I think I remember what language this is,
At the behest of another, you refuse me your bliss
Pray tell me, O’filthy one, how many more frogs must a girl kiss?”

There’s a reason why they breathe through their skin
They want to observe but not absorb all that is happening
And then there was the rain and they came out in abundance
Croaked and croaked and croaked, so I wore my ear plugs, to prevent myself the repugnance
Look at your curious lips, and your eagerness to run away!
Everytime I meet one of you I experience déjà vu/action replay
If I could live with myself, next time I would like to be the damned frog
While you follow me around, feel insecure, cry, ask me the same questions and slog

14 comments:

Meghana Naidu said...

should i just display innocent marvel at the
word play and slink away from here?

i think i will.
sigh.

Prashaant said...

Hey, as usual, i am becoming more and more a fan of yours!!! Keep it going Archita... Really nice work!!

Vasuta said...

how many indeed...brilliant...

Choco said...

Sigh... Amazing Tris.. Applause..

Anu Menon said...

Croak*

R said...

Pff, I enjoyed this so much that I stopped counting. Lovely.

Hemu said...

Great job!! :) *croak*

Atrisa said...

@Megs - You scratch my back, I scratch yours? :P

@P3!, Choco Thank you :)

@Vasu - Haina? Haina? :)

@R - You've met female frogs?

@Croakers - *croak* to you!

gogi said...

Liked it a lot!

Atrisa said...

Do you guys even read or just come and drop the nicest comments? :P

Meghana Naidu said...

why're you being called tris? only i get to call you tris. !

R said...

Yes. They happen to be pretty.

Atrisa said...

Meg - Everyone follows your lead.

R - Touche.

Anonymous said...

Just read this and loved it!!!

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.