You, Dear Denial, are right out of a fable
and you keep me in one for as long as you like
where all the happy places coalesce into one big ball of bliss
where everything wrong is reflected away
how could there be any wrongs? there are only rights
my intuition must be overworking tonight
sometimes I must learn to not listen to it
for it could be mistaken
things will always fall into place
and everything I do is good
and everything they do is for my benefit
and everybody's unwell but me
I prance around in a pool of cotton
I find new neighbors - young and old
we joke and spin a web for ourselves
we run around in circles and we like it
so happy, so healthy, so inebriated
in the lies we tell ourselves
then telling ourselves they aren't lies
we hear voices in our head and ignore them
the voices are mean and rude and ludicrous
and have no truth to them
they're just a distraction from the good life
and before we know it
months, years pass
your charm is still fresh, still alluring
like a mirage on a summer morning
I try to touch you and you disappear
were you never there?
did you just disintegrate?
I'm crumbling on my knees
I'm losing a little bit of sleep
I'm losing a lot of weight
My chest hurts, my head bursts
I'm dying a little bit inside
My throat cracks while singing and then chokes
Am I already dead? Could I be a haunting wronged soul?
Why is the earth under me turning to quicksand?
Dear Denial, throw me a rope!
Work your magic on me again
Turn me into water and yourself to a sponge.
and you keep me in one for as long as you like
where all the happy places coalesce into one big ball of bliss
where everything wrong is reflected away
how could there be any wrongs? there are only rights
my intuition must be overworking tonight
sometimes I must learn to not listen to it
for it could be mistaken
things will always fall into place
and everything I do is good
and everything they do is for my benefit
and everybody's unwell but me
I prance around in a pool of cotton
I find new neighbors - young and old
we joke and spin a web for ourselves
we run around in circles and we like it
so happy, so healthy, so inebriated
in the lies we tell ourselves
then telling ourselves they aren't lies
we hear voices in our head and ignore them
the voices are mean and rude and ludicrous
and have no truth to them
they're just a distraction from the good life
and before we know it
months, years pass
your charm is still fresh, still alluring
like a mirage on a summer morning
I try to touch you and you disappear
were you never there?
did you just disintegrate?
I'm crumbling on my knees
I'm losing a little bit of sleep
I'm losing a lot of weight
My chest hurts, my head bursts
I'm dying a little bit inside
My throat cracks while singing and then chokes
Am I already dead? Could I be a haunting wronged soul?
Why is the earth under me turning to quicksand?
Dear Denial, throw me a rope!
Work your magic on me again
Turn me into water and yourself to a sponge.

4 comments:
Aaah. Denial has left the building. Et tu?
It gives all, and takes away even more. But I don't want to wake up. Please?
beautifully written..'in the lies we tell ourselves
then telling ourselves they aren't lies' cud relate with it completely..
@Rini - Then I'd like to stay inside, please.
@Shreya, Manas - Oh beautiful lie.
Post a Comment
Now your turn!