Now that you're no longer a threat to my sanity
and I no longer remember what it was like to have you as my lover
'cause it seems like a completely different century
there are days I try, but all I recall is,
not the trangressionary kisses we shared,
but sitting across the table from you and laughing
sitting on the couch and seeing you laugh
at a Russell Peters' impression you did
Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad! (and I did, so bad)
or a highly animated impression of my boss that I did
when you used to say I am my funniest when I'm most upset
and my anger would subside
It never ceased to amaze me
that my mind was never so open, so free, so loving of every thought in my head
my mouth that never before felt like stopping to listen to another person's mind
it did for you, I was a good listener for you
I don't miss my lover
I don't miss the guilt or the shame
I don't remember the physical pain from longing for you
I no longer care you felt someone else was more worthy of your love
but I do remember your words of comfort when somebody close to me passed away
I miss my badminton doubles partner who volunteered to team up with me when nobody wanted to
I miss my lunch partner who ditched his friends on Fridays to eat with me
I do miss my friend.
and I no longer remember what it was like to have you as my lover
'cause it seems like a completely different century
there are days I try, but all I recall is,
not the trangressionary kisses we shared,
but sitting across the table from you and laughing
sitting on the couch and seeing you laugh
at a Russell Peters' impression you did
Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad! (and I did, so bad)
or a highly animated impression of my boss that I did
when you used to say I am my funniest when I'm most upset
and my anger would subside
It never ceased to amaze me
that my mind was never so open, so free, so loving of every thought in my head
my mouth that never before felt like stopping to listen to another person's mind
it did for you, I was a good listener for you
I don't miss my lover
I don't miss the guilt or the shame
I don't remember the physical pain from longing for you
I no longer care you felt someone else was more worthy of your love
but I do remember your words of comfort when somebody close to me passed away
I miss my badminton doubles partner who volunteered to team up with me when nobody wanted to
I miss my lunch partner who ditched his friends on Fridays to eat with me
I do miss my friend.

7 comments:
You, my friend, are the harsha bhogle of blogging.. You say things a reader always wants to say
Kunj
never regretted clicking on your blog links.
great piece.
tarun
Your words need careful and deft handling by someone like Mark Knopfler. Listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0T-JVeYXxs
Curious who this gem is
Hook me up with him!
@Kunj - Awww cricket reference! Honored :P
@Tarun - Thanks man!
@Nikhil - Zyada ho gaya, no? :P Thanks :) How do you come up with such flattery?
@Anon 1- Gem. Pfft. (I'm a dirty little meano)
I am not a huge fan of poetry.... in general.. because I donot understand most of them :P
But this one I did.... :)
you should change you blog title...
mostly bold, sometimes brutal,rarely funny & recently mushy.... ;)
-- Unknown
@Atrisa - जब इमोशन की गंगा बहेगी तो कुछ ना कुछ तो होगा ही| किसी शिव की जटा तो चाहिए वेग को रोकने के लिए, नहीं तो फिर प्रलय आ जायेगा| मुझे मक्खन तो लगाना आता ही नहीं| यह तो एक ईमानदार प्रतिक्रिया थी|
आवेग को रोकने से कब्ज हो सकता है| मत रोको उसे| बहने दो| पर इतना भी खुला मत छोड़ देना कि दस्त में दब्दील हो जाये| :)
Post a Comment
Now your turn!