Monday, May 6, 2013

Feeling a little frisky so thought I'd slip in a blog post between work. I'm badass like that.

Sick to my stomach (literally) cuz I've consistently been sleeping at 3-4 am every night, no clue why. I'd like to blame it on no parental censorship, not complaining though. Making mango shake and playing Monopoly cards at 2 am isn't exactly commonplace. Another chance to feel like a kid again, till all friends start falling prey to the M-thing like bowling pins.

Being in Delhi with parents for the last three years, I almost felt like I was going to be forever in that black hole. Ennui itself can age you an extra 5 years, I talk from experience. There are days I struggle to be my normal self because self-repression has became supremely mechanical! Initially, i.e. 3 years ago, I'd rebel and do things I wished to, but then all the discomfort at home tainted every fun thing I ever planned for myself. So eventually, to avoid confrontations (I HATE confrontations), I acquiesced to a particular situation, just to keep the peace and parents' blood pressure in check. I almost never get angry now, I simply walk away.

It's not easy being a girl. It's even harder being parents of a girl. In Delhi. In EAST Delhi. So I'm not sure if I should be blaming them for being absolutely distraught and in turn, fuck annoying (pardon the language)  every time I stepped out.

Anyway, not in that situation now. Though I shudder every time I imagine going back home. *bites nails*

Also, Mondays aren't really that bad, it's just one of those monsters you imagined under your bed when you were little. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Offense meant!!! The quality of the posts have gone down quite a lot. Maybe you got a life :)

Atrisa said...

a) Umm, it's MY blog, so I can write whatever I want.
b) I'm not a writer
c) I wrote this in 10 mins
d) I do have a life :)

Unaccustomed Mirth said...

Haha, very soon I shall be writing similar stuff I think. FINALLY going to be leaving home soon after 26 long years!

Also, the title reminds me of the song which reminds me of Gilmore Girls and class 11 when it was one of my favourite songs to bob my head to :P

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the (unintended) advice 'coz soon I'm going the other way.

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.