Wings weren't given to me so I could fly too close to the fire
desire wasn't supposed to burn me the way it finally transpired
Always dodging bullets and cannons of your flippant lust
I'm requesting you to employ a little tact, if you must.
You're the firecracker of the 4th of July
Shine bright for a fleeting moment, only to leave me high and dry
What's left of you in my mind is some awe and debris
and little traces of what I think looks like memories.
desire wasn't supposed to burn me the way it finally transpired
Always dodging bullets and cannons of your flippant lust
I'm requesting you to employ a little tact, if you must.
You're the firecracker of the 4th of July
Shine bright for a fleeting moment, only to leave me high and dry
What's left of you in my mind is some awe and debris
and little traces of what I think looks like memories.
When you can’t decide whether it’s all or nothing
You bait me in, with the taste of a little something
I’ve been there too many times before, to think it a gambit
Please don’t come around again
and make me a victim of your habit
and make me a victim of your habit
Please don’t make me a victim of your habit
The night, oh nights, I fear the most
you come around softly rattling the doors
the bulbs they're swinging, the wind is singing
they join your cacophony, now we're two forces at war
but I've no choice but to surrender to you like a helpless whore.
So when you can’t decide whether it’s all or nothing
You bait me in, with the taste of a little something
I’ve been there too many times before, to think it a gambit
Please don’t make me a victim of your habit
If distraction is all you need
There’s the world at your feet
Many a nubile mind will gladly let you inhabit
So why make me a victim of your habit?
Please don’t make me a victim of your habit.
Please don’t make me a victim of your habit.

5 comments:
Is it a song or you write it? Really nice words
Nope. I wrote it. If I had taken somebody else's song, I would've credited it :)
This is some awesome stuff. So so well written!
Whuuaat, really? Thank you :)
यहाँ कवियत्री ने एक सान्निध्य से मिलने वाले आनंद की तुलना ४ जुलाई के पटाखे की क्षणिक चमक से की है, परन्तु दिवाली के पटाखों से नहीं। क्या देसी चीज इतनी बुरी होती है? फिर वह अपनी कमजोरियों को अपनी आदतों के सर डाल देती है। विवेचना किजिये।
Post a Comment
Now your turn!