Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our second original together! This one's close to my heart 'cause I semi-wrote, semi-composed and well, fully sung it :P And we did it in 30 minutes flat! What's more is that we performed it in college right after, in front of an audience of about 400!

I have this theory that Gaurav (Chatterji), Prateek (Dubey) and I are three lovers that can't create music without each other (with the exception of Gaurav, our next A.R. Rahman) None of us are really complete without the other :)

Anyway this version was supposed to be a dummy version, just a simple acoustic. Proper recording will happen later since my lovers and I are parted by distance.

Hope you enjoy it! (or don't hate it)



If you liked this, you might want to listen to Blue Butterfly

36 comments:

Meghana Naidu said...

im going to lock you up;
and make you sing only for me.

sigh woman!
<3

Anonymous said...

OHHHH MYYYY GAWDDDDDDDDDDD !!!

mentalie said...

dude, i'm a fan! what a gorgeous voice you have! i guess i'm going to have to settle for having my ear glued to meghana's door $#@$%#!

Anonymous said...

Girl...You are good Good GOOD GOOD!!!
I loved it! Reallly did!

And if I can't lock you up and make you sing just for me, I at least wanna hear this song..again...and again... *sigh*
Mwah! <3

& Bookmark.

BrownPhantom said...

I heard it thrice, but couldn't bring myself to hate it; at all.
Let me give it a fourth try now :).

Anonymous said...

beautiful..
-Sri

xcalibr said...

Great track lady - the song seems to have a very nice structure, I would have really liked to hear a full band coming in after the first/second chorus - maybe rock it up & give it a 'My Immortal' feel in your 'actual' recording :)
Cheers anyways - love the voice..

Atrisa said...

@ Meg - Lol! We both know that can't happen. I'm like honey to a bee, it can never be just you :P

@ Anon - Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank Youuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Oh wait, did you mean to compliment me at all?

@ Mentalie - Ah thanks for promoting me on twitter ;)

@ Choco - Ooh thank you. If I ever come to Cal again, be sure to pay you a visit :)

@ BP - You make me smile with your comments :) Keep listening!

@ Sri - Ah welcome back!

@ Arv - Our keyboard guy left before we could record, thus this. I don't know if the song has a 'My Immortal' feel but yeah the band coming in the end, I know. When we performed it on stage that's how it was, almost. Well, watch this space :)

R said...

Heard you last night for the first time; got at work early just so I could play this over and over again.

Anonymous said...

You have a really good voice! Very pretty.

Thanks for sharing it. :)

Gaurav Parab said...

This is great. I am not an expert to pass judgment, but Trisal this is way beyond Blue Butterfly.

All I can say is stay true to the immense talent that comes so naturally to you, and forget about the world.
Your voice and writing has the power to move people, and I pray that you sing and write this way forever. This is who you are, way better than so many.

Atrisa said...

@ r - Wow, that might be the sweetest thing anyone has done to get to hear me sing! I know how hard it is to come to work early :P

@ Jason - Thank you. The pleasure is all mine, seriously :)

@ Gaurav - Thank you so much :)

R said...

I want you to sing something random I wrote. I don't know the tune yet.

Blue Butterfly is another gem. Please post more, if you have more recordings :)

mentalie said...

argh. how do i download this? i have your page perpetually open but then sometimes i have to walk away and it's just bloody killing me.

Atrisa said...

@ R - Why don't you mail it to me, I'll see what I can do :)
Ah no more originals, yet. Have a few stage performances but they're on fb. Anything original and I'll be sure to post it here :)

@ Mentalie - You can go to the youtube link, open it in explorer and make sure you have a real player. You will be able to download it then. Or better yet, give me your email id and I will mail the audio file ;)

Meghana Naidu said...

me! me! ill send it to mentalie.
i want to stalk her :P

Atrisa said...

@ Meg - You disturb me. Our trip stands cancelled.

mentalie said...

halleujiAH! now i have it on loop. there is a god. and meg ;)

R said...

My iPod needs you. Please please send the audio file. I promise not to share it with anyone without your permission. Please. (rohittalwar28@gmail.com)

R said...

That song is on my blog too. Once you email me this audio file, I can share the song with you on email as well.

Meghana Naidu said...

@frencher
loop is so trippy no, i was singing it aloud and didnt even realise it

@tris
hmph!

we pucker, we toss our hair,
we snigger, we sneer,
we walk away
from you.

maybe you can go tripping with rahul mahajan
:P

Atrisa said...

@ R - Sure! No problem, on its way :)

@ Meg - I <3 you! (You know my mommy's been promoting it to her friends and wants to have a school kiddie stage performance on Blue Butterfly!)

Huh?
I thought
We pucker, we toss our hair,
we snigger, we sneer,
we act like divas
say "thank you very much"
we walk away
from jerks.

Rahul Mahajan. Sigh. In the words of Mrinmai (a contestant) "I never thought I would get that crush feeling again till I met you"

Meghana Naidu said...

@tris
you cancelled our trip :| so i had to temporarily disown you.
but we're back on, dont you worry
muah!

and act?
"act"?

no girl, we dont act.
but we do say "thank you very much"
very nicely
;)

<3

Prateek Dubey said...

:) Think its time we wrote more songs

Atrisa said...

@ Meg - Right on sista!

@ Band-ra Boy - Welcome! Thanks for showing up, fashionably late.

You think? :)

R said...

Not in my inbox yet. How long will I be youtubing it? Please find time :)

Atrisa said...

Dang, got lots on the plate right now. Check in 5..4..3..2..1!

Blunt Edges said...

mentalie asked me 2 check this out n boy am i glad she did! :D

AWESOMEEEE! ***stands up n claps*** (well not actually...too lazy 4 that...so just typed it!) ;)

n did i say i loved the song! :D

amit said...

The singing is wonderful :-)

Atrisa said...

@ Blunt Edges - Mentalie is pure awesomeness!
Glad you liked it :)

@ Amit - Thank you :)

ani_aset said...

gorgeous girl i'm in love with your voice...simply awesome..and i love the acoustic version

Anonymous said...

@ You, and Your Lovers: Randomly came across this. Seriously, seriously AWESOME work. The last time I was so kicked, was probably when I'd discovered Fair and Kind online :) Keep at it, guys.

Atrisa said...

@ Ani - Zank you, how do you manage to be so sweet all the time :)

@ Arzkiya - Wow, thanks :) Will listen to them asap.

ani_aset said...

words i said are true atrisa...i hope you keep singing in the same style and not do much harsh kind of singing you know :P i love acoustic guitar so much..soft

Arshat Chaudhary said...

dude? awesome!

Vivek aka VVK said...

400 looks an inflated number... ;)anyways...we all loved it...good work!

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.