Saturday, February 20, 2010

Though class divides
the women sweeping sunny mornings
they shine like gold dust.

9 comments:

Blunt Edges said...

liked the title of the post! :)

Amrutha said...

thoughtful (=

ani_aset said...

very deep indeed atrisa, god you think of em

mentalie said...

they do. until we go poop all over it.

Atrisa said...

@ Blunt and Bushan - Thank you :)

@ Ani - Indebted to them.

@ Mentalie - And they put up with us without complaining much!
There's a class called "Bhangi's" (basically Dalits) who are said to be "born to do this job". Watch this documentary called Lesser Humans, you'll know what I mean. http://material.ahrchk.net/video/lesser-humans.html

eveline said...

There should be more like YOU out there. So many people just dont give a shit about ordinary folks anymore. Good for you for being awesome!
I came across your blog through reading mentalie's post. Love your stuff.

Atrisa said...

@ Eveline - Oh you make too much of it! It's a mere haiku :P
Thanks for liking my blog. Stick around :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely words...
This reminded me of the sweeping ladies of Kerala.
They are up bright and early, in bright colored saris with gold bangles and earrings tinkling, sweeping with lovely smiles on their faces.

And then I watched the documentary...
Thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

Your Words ...
Worth a thousand pictures ...
I visualize ...

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.