Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Clarification
Oye hello...just because I'm writing frustrated blog posts does not mean I am depressed. When I write, it's an exaggerated reality. Cynical love blogposts are about milking (attempted) poetry from the hurt experienced eons ago. Work frustration blogs about pre-good appraisal times. So relax, there's no cause for concern :)

******************************************************************************

Observations

Uno
When you go out to a bar and don't know what to order, just get an LIT. Saves you the time to look at the menu, decisions regarding "What alcohol base would I prefer?" and definitely takes lesser time to get high. A little of everything, I say. An LIT. Lifesaving Insane Tonic.

And so that's what I did this Saturday night. After a coupla those, I got my freak on. So much so a stranger boy told me (twice) that I dance really well. Anyway this is not the first time my "high spirited" dancing was appreciated.*hair toss*

I do remember saying "I miss MICA" on repeat.

Dos
Boys, as a rule, girls are needy and clingy. There are various degrees of needy and clingy, but those are completely dependent on how much a girl is willing to show. The idea is not to run away from the needy and clingy, the idea is to work around it, like Iranian film directors. Do they stop making movies 'cause the government places such high censorship on their creative work of art? No. (I assume) They enjoy it, they revel in it. Their industry is one of the biggest in World Cinema. All because there was so much censorship they had to work around in creative ways to narrate!

So the moral of the story is, you can manage to handle a girl despite whatever BS she gives you. (That's if you are into her that much) If she ain't needy and clingy, she probably don't even want you so bad :P

Tres
Just two weeks back I got the shortest haircut of my life. It has been received surprisingly well with the general community. But when I met this one particular friend (he who shall not be named or referred to) after a long time, he had his own theory regarding it.

Let's call it the Haircut Theory.

According to him, when people go for radical haircuts it's because their lives are so boring, they want to do anything they can to shake things up. And when people go for a full headshave, they are trying to rediscover themselves. (Ok this is one of those "you had to be there" times. His animated hand movements and clear sarcasm is the icing and a bit of the cake too)

I have to admit, while I was getting a haircut, there were a few seconds I contemplated shaving my head off. Gulp. Needless to say, he received a few punches from me.

******************************************************************************

Updates a.k.a. *narcissism alert*

Uno
You know how you sometimes feel stifled with your limited knowledge of something you love? Like not knowing enough about the lives of your teenage children, or struggling to learn enough at the workplace because of a shitty mentor.

That's how I feel about music and my inability to play an instrument.

So about 10 days back I joined piano classes. I *cannot believe* it took me so many years to do that. 2 classes down and I'm turning out to be quite the maestro! My teacher says I'm already at a normal person's 10-12th session! I'll be skipping Grade 1, 2 and 3 exams! He says and I quote "This is to you like a fish to water" AND AND "You have the music in you" *blush*

Dos
I seriously thought I would be fired. SERIOUSLY. But that darned appraisal went so well, I'm pretty sure my lower jaw was comfortably sitting on the floor for a few minutes. I was so overwhelmed with their remarks, I even teared up twice!

It could be because they thought I was good, it could be because they both got promoted the day before.

Of course my genius friend had to make a wisecrack and say "So basically now you will hang on there longer, no? Heh." I'm predictable.

Tres
Have you listened to "You are a tourist" by Death Cab for Cutie? There has been no song in recent times that has spoken to me quite like this one.

"If you feel just like a tourist in the city you were born, it's time to go"

Cuatro
I am on the brink of finishing reading my second book, which is quite an achievement 'cause my laptop ensured my reading habits went for a toss. GayDAD, my friend (?), philosopher (!) and guide (?), has been dictating the terms and conditions of my reading habits. Thank you, loser.

Have you reached here, reader? Congratulations.

3 comments:

Unaccustomed Mirth said...

So much fun you are! I am glad you're writing again :D The haircut theory maketh sense and you're lucky yours turned out well, mine has rendered me un-recognisable.

Atrisa said...

Ooh Rini! Arre wah, thanks for the encouraging waards. Yeah yeah mine turned out quite well, I might wanna keep it this short for long term purposes.

When the salon guy took money from me he goes "Now go home and receive appreciation from others" It was like he was my father and giving my away at my wedding or something. Very hallelujah moment it was.

Wow, I do exaggerate.

Gypsy Couple said...

Very Nice Very Nice ..!! Your blog is so much fun to read!

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.