Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Monkey to humans...monkey to humans...can you hear me?

This monkey has completed one year in training at her workplace and now is a full time monkey! (or so she's hoping that 'Terminated' isn't checked against her name)

I shall now scratch my armpits and jump around. I travel back to childhood when we used to watch those monkey street shows at India Gate, trained to do the same thing day in and day out. Don't question! Do the do. Shut your mouth. Always smile. Nod incessantly. Laugh, whenever the "almighty" makes a horrendous joke.

I was me
     now I am a monkey
          sitting in a tree
               K.I.S.S.I.N.G. (ass)

Punch some numbers. Say shit to the person at the other end of the line. Express dissatisfaction. Write words of dissatisfaction. Press SEND. Be angry. Curse. Do whatever is required. Do the do.

Plan Friday afternoon lunches. They keep us alive and ennui free. Or so we hope.

I'm going to drown myself in Nirula's Hot Chocolate Fudge today, licking quickly with my tiny monkey tongue. Where is this month's Sodexho booklet?

I seem to be obsessed with animals these days. A few days back it was frogs, now this.

This life is your life. This life is my life.

I love my new piano. Hope it loves me too. Atleast till I play 'Ode to Joy'.

Aren't you going to congratulate me? :)

7 comments:

Shreya said...

I love it when you give in to the randomness that is your head.

aditi maliwar said...

hahahaha i love it.... im a monkey too these days !!

moonlite:D said...

oh!! so true,,
the life in the cubicles can be so boring!

n, ok!! congratulations ;)

gogi said...

Nice, very nice!

Viumbe said...

Nice. And yes, Congratulations!

BrownPhantom said...

Lol @ Sodexho booklet. It's one of the lamest thing about being employed.

Well done. And do not ever let go of the occasional display of anger and dissatisfaction; keeps the respect for you alive in others.

Atrisa said...

@Shreya - W00t! Thankees. I shall I shall!

@Mals - Screeeech ack ack ooh ook

@Moonlite - arre zanks. Life outside cubicle is also boring.

@Gogi - Arre you still read my blog? :P

@Rachna - Thank you! I survived!

@BP - Yeah dude, I have three lying around. What's up with that?

Anger = respect? *makes note to self*

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.