Wednesday, March 10, 2010

As I see you
Sitting half-grumpy
Scratching your face absentmindedly
Sniffing ‘cause of that cold you caught 
Shifting uncomfortably in your chair
And saying words that make so much sense
Despite the nasality and the slurring
And the unintended comic timing
I giggle
And accept your answers without questioning back
She nudges my arm
Her eyes speak
Be more professional!
I smile back at her
And think to myself
They say I am out of everyone’s league
But you are so out of mine
I won’t even try
Wish we had more time
Still, that’s alright
‘cause you give me hope
There might be more like you.

16 comments:

Vinay Sharma said...

naice! .. and amazing header picture

BrownPhantom said...

Sweet :). The title adds another dimension to it.

Be more professional ;).

"Hope is a bitch" can have a whole new meaning after the last two lines :).

Anonymous said...

"cause you give me hope
There might be more like you."


Girl..You have no idea..But you so made my day with these lines...Naice post. :)

Atrisa said...

@ Vinay - Thanks! The header picture is the combination of two paintings by Brandon Boyd, better known as the lead singer of Incubus. These are from his last exhibition entitled "Ectoplasm" Basically I thought it would be perfect to denote my states of mind, either/or.

@ BP - True! If hoping is futile then I am hoping against hope. Too bad you're too far :D

@ Choco - You never know when you find a diamond in a coal mine :)

AMODINI said...

Lovely !

-Amodini

ani_aset said...

duh but why would you be professional :( i didn get this atrisa :(

ani_aset said...

uh pardon me if i'm wrong but is it about marriage?

Atrisa said...

@ Amodini - Thank you :)

@ Ani - You were in a B-school, right? Do you remember anytime students took student interviews? :P

ani_aset said...

ohhh preparing for interview for placements?

ani_aset said...

sigh me gives up :P

Atrisa said...

You don't have student committees!!!

ani_aset said...

baah *hits his head on wall* so much professionalism for stud council daim daim :P

Blunt Edges said...

lol...all the best 4 your actual interview...n yeah BE MORE PROFESSIONAL! :P

BrownPhantom said...

Oh!! Damn it. :)

R said...

Why do I think it works well for an interview even?

Ha ha, good stuff man.

Anonymous said...

he is so out of your league, it is embarassing you write about him on your blog.

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.