Time trickles by
The last I checked
It was still a drop in the ocean.
When I look back
At the beautiful things they did
To make ugly decisions
Why did nobody tell her
Her mind was on a vacation
Even if she was far too busy
Knitting up the fragments of her imagination
She thought she would gift it-
The sweater that keeps him warm.
He was no Pavlov’s dog
I know ‘cause he stopped responding
To the music
That never meant to fool anyway;
He was going to be the king
Of the forest found
But never explored,
He tried to roar;
Was it too dense,
Or his legs were weak?
Either way
A coward remains one.
Did this movie have two lovers
Or two villains?
Each more lovely than the other
Each more vile than the other
Perhaps they were plain ordinary
And will be forgotten
Frame by frame
As time trickles by
Like a drop in the ocean.

5 comments:
Lover or villians? A dose of both. As it should be.
Time reveals
What history denies
Lovers make the best villains
Awesome writing AT :)
Ahh..Atrisa...Some lines... Somewhere in there..Made me a lil nostalgic...Nice..Very nice.. :)
Beautiful.
Really like how you choose the titles to go with the content.
There is a third possibility of a lover and a villain, but let's not go there.
@ Jason - Magic formula eh?
@ Mindey - Hey! Long time, no see. Thanks! You're quite good with the haikus there :P
@ Choco - Ah! That was the motive :)
@ BP - Ah thanks, this title was totally random. Read it on some blog as part of some poem, I dunno why I felt it fit as the title.
Now that I read the title and the poem again, isn't it very hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, with towels and time travel :P
A lover and a villain. That's not mutually exclusive now, is it?
Post a Comment
Now your turn!