Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Quite appropriately as I was listening to a song that went "we keep driving into the night..." while traveling in my strangely less crowded bus, I saw a man being highly animated with his hands. After a few seconds of trying to figure out what he was doing with some article in his hand, whether he was going to bomb the bus by showing some explosive (we're quite paranoid here in the capital city) or was just plain psycho, I realized he was simply demonstrating a product! So he was screwing this cylindrical object into an orange, then taking out a glass and filling it with its juice. Then squeezing the orange till about 3/4ths of the glass was full and then he ripped open the orange to show the product's effectiveness. Repeat with a lemon. Frankly I never thought one could get that much juice out of a lemon!

When it was time to finally sell the product, so many people held out their ten rupee notes, it was almost a hurrah! for the marketer in me. And all the while I had my iPod playing in my head. Now, that's what I call salesmanship! Bus Sales Guy, you just made my journey worth it.

You came here cuz of the post title no?

9 comments:

Shamanth Huddar said...

no :P

I came here for the wacky words of our beloved tris :)

Atrisa said...

What wackyness! It's a goner. Now it's me hopefully overseeing Hrithik in an ad shoot sometime in the near future. Drooooool.

gogi said...

Nice one Archie... :)

As the Mind Meanders said...

Yup.... I won't deny it. The title got me here...

And was I disappointed... Naaah...

Unknown said...

hahha...the title sure does catch your eye...but really these sales people in trains are really innovative...some of them are really better than some fancy MBA grads i know

R said...

Why do I always have kids *who sing* around in the buses?

Thank god the metro is safe. For now.

ani_aset said...

:) well i already follow your blog, but the title was misleading for sure. this reminds me of a guy from M&M Strategy who delivered a lecture, and talked about the same skills. Amazing display isnt it?

Punvati said...

Late goodbye- Poets of the fall.

Also, I've seen the sales pitch of that product and bought it! :D In a bus from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer. 10 bucks. One helluva salesman I must say.

Atrisa said...

@Gogi, Mindey - Thanks guys :)

@R - Metro. Sigh. When will it start plying where I want it to ply :(

@Ani - "Engaging" is the word my man.

@Punvati - Haha! Should be quite useful at the hostel no? :)

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.