Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I've not been blogging or facebooking a lot lately. I just can't relate to a lot of stuff that I've been seeing. And even if I can relate it to it just all makes my life seems trivial, like it has been reduced to a cliché, it's all too generic, too mainstream.

I mean, am I still whining about a broken heart and sharing Thought Catalog articles on Things I've Learned From Getting Dumped and saying "Oh my God, this is so true!!!" when others are getting married and setting up households? They must really laugh at me and thank their lucky stars that they're so way past all this childish stuff, thinking "Oh! We did the same. Now that we're married those things sound almost laughable" People are making babies...BABIES...or Baby whatever, and here I am still crying in front of my parents about a few bad weeks at work.Why am I stuck on 22 at 27? What are my age appropriate things? If Ira Dubey is worried about aging in her late 20s, should I buy an Olay Total Effects too?

And then I've joined so many brand pages on facebook, my entire newsfeed looks like brands are my only friends. If it's not that, then people are boasting about various stuff. And I wish I had atleast that. All I do online is check out all these shopping websites and drool over shoes and bags and realizing what a long way I've come from the time I was a 14 year old tomboy whose mom insisted her to wear makeup.

That's all I have to say. I'm really not enjoying this phase of my life. If I wasn't a generally extra-cheerful person, I'd be quite depressed. I wonder if the word Blahness has been introduced in the English dictionary.


14 comments:

Unaccustomed Mirth said...

At least you wrote about this. I can't even bring myself to write about my whatever-it-is-that-i-am-going-through-ness. Sigh. So I went out and bought another pair of shoes and a green nail paint.

Himanshu said...

I hear you girl! FB is not the same anymore, though I end up spending way more time on it than before, but that is also because I have much less to do these days! Seeing married people is getting depressing and oh god the ones with baby pictures, shoot me or rather them!

Surprisingly life at 27 is not as fun as the rockstars of yester years promised it would be! So much so that now I am thinking maybe 30's are fun :P

If I don't stop now, it'll be a comment as long as your post! I'll save it for my blog!

But until then... drink some and listen to some 70's rock and roll :)

Raunaq said...

Well atleast the word's relatable:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blahness

Culture defines what our expectations are. Some people defy culture. It's a crazy culture soup anyway these days! Atleast your heart is in your work (brands et al).

So I'll up the cliche a bit: "It's just a phase, it'll be over soon!"

Atrisa said...

@Himanshu - Man, I've lost all zeal, all feelings. Like I'm stoned all the time.

@Raunaq - My heart is nowhere, least of all in my work.

You know, I repeat that line every now and then :)

Unaccustomed Mirth said...

I think I will finally write about the nothing-ness now! You've inspired me. Also, between that comment and this one, I fell in love with nude pumps online and am considering those. Do try turquoise nail paint also while you're at it.

Shreya said...

Well, if that wasn't enough, I've started getting emails from bharatmatrimony and shaadi.com saying "Still single? We'll find a match for you!".

Bloody hell.

Atrisa said...

@Grace - I've been doing a lot of turquoise lately. Hmm, should give it a go.

@Shreya - Me too! :S

Some light years ago I joined a dating website and I keep getting the alerts. My frequency of actually checking out those mails have shot up and it's scaring the shit out of me, majorly because I fear I might someday settle for a guy who can't even construct one whole sentence in English without a grammatical mistake.

Anonymous said...

Hey Archita, I think I figured out the problem with fb a while ago, its like people post all "happy" stuff, marriage, promotion, graduation, its hardly a true depiction of life, look around its all happy faces string back at you ... Unreal

Himanshu said...

I have a perfectly awesome solution, but it involves infy and music room! darn it!

Anonymous said...

I was feeling the exact same way today and then i read your blog (was crying over tonnes of other things too). Worst part is i spent a whole day today at emporio (covering up for an absent sales person at the gallery) and felt so poor, while being social profiled (i left home literally in rags not knowing i'd be sent there) by women who came dressed to the t. I called my friend (who's getting married) just so that i would have some company, who turned up with her MOTHER and so i watched them splurge and talk about buying diamonds n all the things i cant afford. Yes, im currently very broke. FUN DAY!
- Tanushree

Perspectives said...

"एक वोः थे जो खुशी कि तलाश में मर जाते थे,
एक हम है जो गम-ए-ज़िन्दगि मे जिये जा रहे है"

We all whine about broken hearts, and i don't feel there is anything wrong in that. Whining is the only way to keep us sane under those circumstances. Though I pity the people who have to listen to me.

(Btw there ought to be a "broken hearts" page on fb. :P)

Anonymous said...

Hmm.... Been there done that....


Seems that you have turned cold.... It generally happens when you overthink about everything...

27 is known for quarter life crisis (QLC) and liking / surfing through baby pics on facebook doesnt help.... :P
Dont try to establish your life or relate to whatever is going on facebook... It would never help....


One of the recent studies show(dont ask me the details , i havent made it up) that social networking brings in a lot of depression..

And for things to do at your age, Its simple, to cope up with QLC

Take up some additional responsibility ... and i mean not your work, family or etcetera.

you need to figure that out yourself...

So responsibility is the word... :)

-- The Unknown

Anu Menon said...

Aha The Unknown seems to have given you the advice you need eh? Well I was gonna start off my comment with 'Been there and done that' too but now I wont.
I went thru the phase you're going thru when I was 24 and it lasted like 2 months - went down under but came shooting back up. I guess it does help having a couple a great roommates, a big sister like figure and being on your own helps quite a bit. And looking for alternatives, dating sites, BhaMa(Bharat Matrimonial) isnt a bad option.
If the guy can't frame a sentence properly its because you make him nervous and thats a good thing because that guy is probably gonna be a hopeless romantic forever.

You keep saying yourself that you've been dumped. Get up, dust those bottoms, talk a walk/hike/run and don't look back.

Nikhil Ranjan said...

मंजिलें और भी हैं एवेरेस्ट के सिवा...

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.