I stereotype you like I stereotype everyone
They all say I’m cold; you, pretty little thing, have just begun!
Since your actions refuted all that I predicted to hear
I conveniently assume Things are not always as they appear
See how ingeniously I put words in your mouth?
I reassure you of the opposite when you are in doubt
You certainly take non-reciprocation in bad taste!
My feelings that were but only temporarily misplaced
There is too much hurt here and I don’t care for more
Do you realize you sound like a broken record of a repeated folklore?
Why squander away precious time on me when you have so much to look forward to
Ok, try to sing with more heart ‘cause of what I did to you
But your melody swore it would waste no more notes on me
Seriously, did you think I was going to let you off that easily?
I will let you in on a secret - I use people to grow as a writer
And you are important because I will always be your humble debtor
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Ah, girl
your words just keep hitting the mark with each passing verse!
quite quite brilliant you are
undoubtedly
<3
oh my god :) is that for real atrisa?
This reminds me of a mirror... not good... not good at all... which means, i think, that the writing is brilliant...
Where does the pathos come from... I want to write something like this... I am jealous...
and someone promised us a chicken song....
@ Meghana - Thanks for such awesome comments on every post! I seriously wish I could write stories like you do but I guess I would have to make do with attempted poetry :)
@ Ani - What's for real - the person or the situation? Well, both actually.
@ Mindey - Hehe. Pathos comes from experience ;)
Damn it, I forgot about the chicken song!
brilliant
Are you still committed to the chicken song AT
@ Mindey - You bet! I've half written it ;) Shall post in a few days.
something's in the mail
gimme your id
meg.naidu at gmail dot com
archita.trisal@gmail.com
I added you btw on gtalk
you smash the nail on the head, atrisa. i wish i could write verse like that!
Wow thanks! I try :P Can't write stories and narratives for sure, so I guess I should stick to haikus and poems!
Post a Comment
Now your turn!