So I met with an accident today. Not the best way I want to see a car pile-on but anyway. Don't worry! I'm perfectly alright except a little pain in my shoulder and neck. If you think this post is about some philosophical this-is-my-second-chance-at-life-and-I'm-gonna-live-it-to-the-fullest post, you're wrong. But I did learn some lessons today.
a) ALWAYS wear a seat belt, even if you're in the back seat (Helmet if you're on a two-wheeler) Saved me a lot of long-term trouble. Boy did I admire my seatbelt wearing habit today.
b) Maintain adequate distance between your vehicle and the one ahead of you. In case you need to brake suddenly, you should have enough lead time to avoid mishaps, i.e. loss of human life and damages worth A LOT of money and psychological units
A couple of days back when I went for a road safety programme the trainer said "Always assume that everyone on the road is a doofus. You have to take care of your own self by being alert"
It might not be the most interesting topic to talk about but it would be awesome if you shared your story, maybe we all can take something from it.
Ride safe.

8 comments:
I can identify with this so much (especially the helmet thing), and you know why! :)
Glad you are safe...
ouch atrisa hope you fine :( damn good..i always wear my seat belt...sadly most indian cars dont have a seat belt at the back..
Feel really happy for you.. ! Thanks to Uparwala :)
Yup..yup..Helmet, seat belt..a must !
Oh Tris..Thank goodness you were unhurt.
I agree with Ani. Most Indian cars do not have a seat belt for the back seats.
Tc
Phew..Always feel glad when small accidents happen. One knows that one's turn was due and now it's over. Although, the insurance money might still hurt.
@Gogi - You should write a book man! Fascinated by the varied problems you've faced :P How is the arm now? (though the question comes too late)
@Ani - Yeah the old ones don't. I am going to start wearing at the back too. For some strange reason I find it really cool to wear a seatbelt, makes me feel I'm going for a mission or somethin!
@Prasad, Choco - Thanks :) Boy, it's crazy how much more alert (and paranoid) you are on the road the first few days following the accident!
@BP - I know, right? ugh, don't get me started on the insurance. Though it was not my car, it feels bad to know that even after the insurance money the guy has to pitch in the equal amount!
Glad you're alright! You never know with those things.
A doofus it was ... caused quite a loss ... Am glad you're fine minus the little pain ... lessons (in addition to the ones you've already posted) : 1. say ur prayers b4 you step out 2. Watch the signs ... i dint feel right whn i stepd out, intuition/e.s.p. wateva ... i wish id heeded ...
Post a Comment
Now your turn!